Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch has been bothering me ever since day 1. The lenght your foot has to travel just so you can get the engagment point was hopeless. I knew this was slowing down my quick shifting, not to mention made it tedious to drive in stop start traffic.

So, after seeing a helpful topic Re this issue (on the other site) I decided to take action. I won't go into the details on the procedure here (im sure u can all find it). Let's just say, i've never ever worked in such a tight spce before. I was cursing non stop.

Before the adjustment my clutch pedal was sitting 2-3 cm higher than my break pedal. I adjusted it so that both pedals are equal height.

VERDICT;
By far the best mod i could of done. Believe me when i say that it feels like a different car. Feels alot sportier (if thats a word) The clutch now suits the cars wel designed seating position. It's made it alot easier to snap gears quickly and its alot easier to drive in stop go traffic.

If anyone has driven a s2000 before they will know and appreciate how great it is to have the clutch pedal and gear box insync.

The only thing i notice on the way home is my cruise control is no longer working, but that is a easy fix.

For anyone who has a long clutch travel, this ones a must.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Same... dropping the clutch was by far the best thing i've done to my car. I was beginning to hate it as a daily driver. Now it's a breeze.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My gear box was not notchy to begin with so i coudln't say.
However the gearbox feels exactly the same as before

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Its real easy. Behind the clutch pedal is a cylindrical shaft with a nut holding it into plae (10mm or 12mm i cant remember). Loosen the nut and spin the shaft. I cant remember which way to spin it, but you should see the clutch pedal moving in or out. Moving it in will tighten the engagement point. If you move it too far you will have to adjust the "clutch sense" button. This button tells the car that the clutch is all the way out. Otherwise cruise control will not work.

Don't shorten the clutch point too much or it will not open all the way..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That sounds really cool!!
Ive always felt that the clutch pedal some how didn't go with the shifting some how and scratched my head and said "naaaaa"
but i guess it really wasnt in my head.

any suggestions on how far to adjust it??

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My advice is, adjust it so the clutch pedal is the same height as the brake pedal. I found this was perfect.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is really no default position.. you are supposed to adjust this anyways as the clutch wears over time..

·
Registered
227 Posts
there is really no default position.. you are supposed to adjust this anyways as the clutch wears over time..
oh ok. driving manual is new to me, soo im abit worried when it comes to modifying the clutch.

can u tell me if im on the rite track with "terms" ?

disengaged = fully pressed down (to change gear)
engaged = clutch isnt pressed down (left foot isnt pressing on the clutch)

what another term for friction point ?

cheers

·
Registered
334 Posts
Its real easy. Behind the clutch pedal is a cylindrical shaft with a nut holding it into plae (10mm or 12mm i cant remember). Loosen the nut and spin the shaft. I cant remember which way to spin it, but you should see the clutch pedal moving in or out. Moving it in will tighten the engagement point. If you move it too far you will have to adjust the "clutch sense" button. This button tells the car that the clutch is all the way out. Otherwise cruise control will not work.

Don't shorten the clutch point too much or it will not open all the way..
Thanks Man! :clap: :cheers:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
oh ok. driving manual is new to me, soo im abit worried when it comes to modifying the clutch.

can u tell me if im on the rite track with "terms" ?

disengaged = fully pressed down (to change gear)
engaged = clutch isnt pressed down (left foot isnt pressing on the clutch)

what another term for friction point ?

cheers
Those terms sound right to me. What are you referring to "friction point"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, I tried this out and almost pooped myself trying to manuever under there - haha Just kidding. But seriously it's an amazing improvment and well worth the 10 minutes it took to do it. I did 2 full turns and loved exactly where it was. If you haven't tried this - I definetly recommend it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts