Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i let go of my clutch while i gas to accelerate at times, my clutch makes a loud click or pop noise. can anyone tell me what it means?? its not the rattling clutch noise, its a single loud pop/click.

what are the signs of a burnt clutch or clutch thats about to be burnt out.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Not a symptom of a burnt clutch.. however I can't tell ya what that IS a symptom of. I'm sure your nearest Nissan Dealership can though. Good luck.

Without hearing it, I could hazard a guess that it is a drivetrain issue, somewhere after the tranny and before the wheels.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
For future reference, can someone describe the symptoms of a clutch that needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting note on the clicking sound. I've had my 05 touring 6sp for 3 weeks now. Once in a while when letting off the clutch and giving gas into 1st gear..I get multiple clicks, the sound seems to come from the front. They are all the same click and in a fast repetitive manner. It goes away after I am done letting off the clutch
Anyone else seen this because I'm thinking its because I am still learning the swing of the 6sp again. Am I giving too much gas when starting off?

·
Registered
52 Posts
For future reference, can someone describe the symptoms of a clutch that needs to be replaced?
Yea, if you guys wouldn't mind. It sounds just like what Im hearing, except mine tends to do when im turning. Coming out of parking lots on to the streets mostly. I need to take my car in soon, my list is start to get pretty long :banghead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts