Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get an alignment tool. Went with the JWT clutch and FLywheel but no tool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[/quote]
If your doing it yourself and have help you don't really have to have the tool. When you bolt the pressure plate to the flywheel just center the clutch plate as best as you can.
Make sure your clutch linkage/lines are hooked up after you get the bellhousing in place and bolted down/ down push the clutch in yet because if you do the clutch plate will fall.

While stabbing the tranny in place do the following.
Be sure that the input shaft is started thru the clutch plate, you may need to rotate the tranny a little to get the splines to match up.
It should then go in till it hits the back of the crankshaft and more than likely doesn't fit into the bushing because of slight misalignment.
At this point have your friend push in the clutch and hold it. The input on the tranny is now holding the clutch plate in place and the plate itself is freed up so that you can wiggle the whole assembly around till you feel the input shaft go all the way into the bushing on the back of the crankshaft.
The tranny should be all the way against the bellhousing. put some bolts in and your done...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep, that's what I had to do to, I went with the Nismo clutch and JWT F/W and of course no tool came with the clutch kit. I eyeballed the clutch as best I could and once I felt we were close I had my wife push in on the clutch and shizzzzzzzzzam, tranny shifted a bit and everything went into place. You could probably rig something up with a socket and tape and a rod but doing it the way I did will work. Just be careful not to force anything too much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
any auto parts store should have it.. its nothing special.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts