Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car new a month ago. One of the thing I hate the most about the car is the clutch engagement point and stuff, is there anyway to adjust it?

Also any fix for the clunky shifter other than replacing the fluid?

Lastly, what is up with that off center shift knob.

THanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
I need to know if the clutch is adjustable too. For the 30,000 mile service, it is one of the maintenance items if applicable to the car. If it is applicable, I need to know how to do it. I do my own service and there is no way I am paying a dealer $400 for a 30,000 service.

As for the clunky shifter, new tranny fluid helps. I also think that the new short shifters help too. My B&M shifter made the shifting more positive and got rid of a clunk or two. However, it is still stiff, which I like.

Some Z's come with a shift knob that is not centered properly. There is even a service bulletin out for it. Take it to your dealer and have them correct it. If they refuse, make them check for a Nissan service bulletin. They will certainly find one. Also, once they are done centering it, make sure they didn't scar up the shift knob. If they did, they should replace it with a new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts