Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks daking . . . I was seriously pondering over gq's group buy on "the other forum," but didn't have adequate time to think about it. Combine that with the fact that APS has no more kits available and you're looking at one Greddy owner looking to build his beast :D

On a similar note, I notice that the GB only addresses the afpr, fuel rails, and connectors . . . what about the fuel pump?

G

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 350G@Dec 7 2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks daking . . . I was seriously pondering over gq's group buy on "the other forum," but didn't have adequate time to think about it.  Combine that with the fact that APS has no more kits available and you're looking at one Greddy owner looking to build his beast :D

On a similar note, I notice that the GB only addresses the afpr, fuel rails, and connectors . . . what about the fuel pump?

G

No but I can get the fuel pump for around $110 or so...

·
Registered
62 Posts
In a way, yes . . . this system attempts to stabilize your fuel pressure by giving you upgraded fuel rails and a return-style fuel system (OEM is returnless). Why is this important? Once you go FI, your stock pump and fuel system cannot maintain fuel pressure once you go over 5K rpms. Combine this system with a better pump (most go with a Walbro 255 lph) and better injectors (you can use what the FI kit came with) . . . and you'll have a robust fuel solution for FI. Most custom Supra fuel solutions run in the 1800-2400 dollar price range, so IMHO, this system is quite affordable.

G

·
Registered
89 Posts
how does this return system compare to whats included in the APS kit.. what benefit is there for someone running 7psi FI with upgraded injectors, fuel pump and regulator already?

·
Registered
84 Posts
this GB is right on time for me I just need to see what price AA will give me first.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by ether@Dec 8 2004, 09:10 AM
how does this return system compare to whats included in the APS kit.. what benefit is there for someone running 7psi FI with upgraded injectors, fuel pump and regulator already?

I'm not sure about its limits, but the APS system maintains 58psi on the fuel system well past 9psi (boost) . . . just check out their site . . . it explains it rather well (airpowersystems.com.au).

Unfortunately, only a few APS kits are available . . . and the next shipment won't be out until February.

Running the return system, the only condition lies in the fuel pump. So your pump will be your only constraint . ..

G

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ether@Dec 8 2004, 08:10 AM

This one replaces the regulator and has a SS line back to the tank and replaces the APS regulator..Just another option thats all..I personally purchased it for my car..

·
Registered
124 Posts
This one replaces the regulator and has a SS line back to the tank and replaces the APS regulator..Just another option thats all..I personally purchased it for my car..
Can you please be more specific with the actual components...Break it down please...
Example:
1 - Line from back of rails to tank
2 - fuel regulator bypassed and replaced with ss line to tank, etc...

·
Registered
654 Posts
The AA system taskes the fuel pressure regulator out of the fuel pump assembly and places it at the downstream end of the fuel rails, which is probably the best location for a return system. From what I can gather from their web site, the APS system takes the pressure regulator out of the fuel pump assembly and mounts it on top of the pump. There is no return line fromthe fuel rails.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
good timing

i was looking at this fuel system on the AA wesbite and trying to understand it

im not ready to purchase yet, but am curious. Ill most likely be going for the new HKS supercharger kit (for the 300hp spec engine). Does that include a similar system in the kit, or would i need to purchase a fuel system like the AA?

·
Registered
65 Posts
good timing

i was looking at this fuel system on the AA wesbite and trying to understand it

im not ready to purchase yet, but am curious. Ill most likely be going for the new HKS supercharger kit (for the 300hp spec engine). Does that include a similar system in the kit, or would i need to purchase a fuel system like the AA?
Do you guys realize that this thread was started on Dec. 2004?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.