Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya folks, I have a weird clicking noise when I relsease the clutch in gear changes and sometimes when I accelerate. It's a mettalic ticking/clicking sound... coming from rear right side. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Is it not the clutch engaging/disengaging? If not it might be your diff a bit loose as that can slick but has nothing to do with the clutch engagement.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey Iggy, ive got that noise too.. at 1st i freaked and thought i'd f*cked the diff/gearbox/clutch and was thinking Nisshit would say "no warranty yippie kye ay mofo" ..
i dont get the noise if i accelerate slowly, but only when i give it a bit more throttle.. its daaamn weird..

·
Registered
125 Posts
iggy ive got the same problem too...just noticed recently that when i engaged my clutch fully i hear a similar noise...but not so much as a clicking/ticking noise when i start driving. 1st, 2nd and 3rd ticking noises can be heard...after that its fine. and slowing down again, ticking/clicking noise come back. sounds very similar when you shake up an aerosol can with the ball bearing in it. im having my service done this friday, gonna get nissan to check it out, and when i find out the problem, i ll let you know asap, thats if you already havent found out what the problem is yet.

cheers
owen

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by mr350zed@Jun 22 2005, 08:56 PM
iggy ive got the same problem too...just noticed recently that when i engaged my clutch fully i hear a similar noise...but not so much as a clicking/ticking noise when i start driving. 1st, 2nd and 3rd ticking noises can be heard...after that its fine. and slowing down again, ticking/clicking noise come back. sounds very similar when you shake up an aerosol can with the ball bearing in it. im having my service done this friday, gonna get nissan to check it out, and when i find out the problem, i ll let you know asap, thats if you already havent found out what the problem is yet.

cheers
owen
[snapback]119126[/snapback]​

That's a perfect description of the problem! The can sound... I am going to take it for a service in the next few days.. let us know what Nissan come up with. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's just the dual mass flywheel, it's perfectly normal.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't heard it in other 350Zs tho.... ??? I've been in Scathing's, DavidM's, etc

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by Nuff@Jun 22 2005, 04:15 AM
It's just the dual mass flywheel, it's perfectly normal.
[snapback]119132[/snapback]​

well, its never happened before...so why can i hear it now?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by Iggy_Type_R+Jun 22 2005, 04:12 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mr350zed
@Jun 22 2005, 08:56 PM

cheers
owen
[snapback]119126[/snapback]​

That's a perfect description of the problem! The can sound... I am going to take it for a service in the next few days.. let us know what Nissan come up with. :)
[snapback]119130[/snapback]​

yeah for sure iggy...will do

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
...and slowing down again, ticking/clicking noise come back. sounds very similar when you shake up an aerosol can with the ball bearing in it.

Show it to Nissan, but that does sound like the drive-shaft problem I mentioned where it just needs tightening.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Its a pretty common occurance. I've had it pretty much since day one.

One thing you'll learn that, if its a Nissan, it'll rattle somewhere.

When I had my flywheel installed by Pro Concept, they mentioned that another customer's car had the same "off the line" clicky noise. They mentioned it to Nissan at service, and it got sorted.

He suspected it was something to do with the brakes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll make an appt today :) Thanks for the heads up peeps :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally posted by scathing@Jun 22 2005, 11:05 AM
He suspected it was something to do with the brakes.
[snapback]119299[/snapback]​

I had my rear pads changed and the brake people removed the clips that hold the pads in place. When the car is rolling the pads actually move up and down and make a rattling noise like you described. The rotors lift them to the top of the calipers and then they drop back down - up - down - up - down making the clicking sound. It's easy to tell if this is the problem - you can move the pads up and down with your fingers. Mine rattle at all speeds from barely moving to 100 kph on the freeway. VERY annoying but I haven't had a chance to get them fixed up as I've been away.

·
Registered
125 Posts
iggy...just had my car serviced on friday as i mentioned in my earlier post. the clicking problem they found was due to a worn out axle spline. they lubricated the axle and replaced the spline and now i think its running fine. i can still here a little clicking though, but not as bad when the problem first occured. i i think my car running alot better in performance as well. anyway, but theres the diagnosis. maybe this will give you some sort of and understanding of the problem.

cheers
owen

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hazade, Is spot on.

I had the issues after 1000kms is mine. Took it to nissan and they said it was normal.

Took a month later took it back armed with the TSB and now they a
acknowledged the problem. They did not replace the parts but did tighten the wheel bearing (I think) and the problem went away. They did mentioned that if that did not fix it they would replace the parts as per TSB.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yup...i did the same thing. i recommend this to anyone with a clicking issues. thanks to hazade, nissan promptly attended to the issue in question, no questions asked. iggy i recommend you print out the TSB, from the link hazade kindly posted. it works wonders.

cheers
owen.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I told them about the TSB, they said to print it and leave it on the seat when I drop off the car. I am dropping it in Thursday.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Btw is this mean we can just print out the TSB form from USA nissan and give to Australia Nissan? Such as the BOSE TSB?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts