Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helpsmilie: I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the z32's but I remember someone had a shifter that clicked everytime they shifted. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about this or how to modify to get the same effect?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by ...z33...@Sep 29 2005, 01:16 PM
:helpsmilie: I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the z32's but I remember someone had a shifter that clicked everytime they shifted. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about this or how to modify to get the same effect?
[snapback]159038[/snapback]​

You WANT it to click? Why/What purpose? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Sep 29 2005, 11:32 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-...z33...
@Sep 29 2005, 01:16 PM
[snapback]159038[/snapback]​

You WANT it to click? Why/What purpose? :dunno:
[snapback]159043[/snapback]​

Probably to get that Gated-Transmission sound (like the Ferrari 355 'vert I drove yesterday!! :OMG: :OMG: )

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
You mean for an automatic? Like a B&M Quick shifter? Slam the stick up to upshift, back to downshift with a neutral and reverse lockout. That was pretty cool to have for racing. As far as manual trans, Hurst had a vertical gate shifter, Great for 1/4 mile or stoplight drags only since you had to pull up on a lever to downshift from 3rd to 2nd. Don't know if they ever had an import, or 5spd version.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Might want to ask about it on twinturbo.net if you can. They would know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 29 2005, 03:30 PM
Might want to ask about it on twinturbo.net if you can.  They would know what you're talking about.
[snapback]159098[/snapback]​

NoNo, A bunch of cars have'em. For example Shelby Gt500 in Gone in 60 seconds. Whenever he shifted you would hear the shifter click. OR as cheasy as it may seem Fast N Furious, when ever Diesel shifted in RX-7 you would hear the shifter click. Anyone know what I'm talking about yet? It has no specific purpose, it's just a preference that adds just alittle bit more excitement when your behind the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts