Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
interesting.. intakes are just bent pipe with a filter on them.. really if the fitment is good, then the filter would be questionable, but could easily be repleced

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funyy thing is there is a bunch of these on ebay just search for 350z intake

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but is it better than stock and is it as good as aem, nismo, etc

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I would honestly stay away from anything non branded from ebay. If you want to do an intake for as inexpensive as you can go I would recommend the JWT popcharger. Its a great first mod.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
[/quote]

:werd:
my friend bought one of these non branded CAI for his wrx - long story short , bad fitment , check engine light on , car went into safe mode...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

:werd:
my friend bought one of these non branded CAI for his wrx - long story short , bad fitment , check engine light on , car went into safe mode...
<div align="right">[snapback]67325[/snapback]
[/quote]

Also 5-12 hp gain is a load of crap

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

I have seen a lot worse than that on some of these ebay stores. I saw a shorty antenna that cost $10 to ship. No way in **** that costs more than $5 to ship if that

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
remember if it sounds too good to be true, it is. that looks like a home depot/pep boys intake kit.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:supergay: :rice:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats this JWT popcharger... with my stang i never heard of that. can somebody inform me what it does, where to get it, does it give it that growl like cold air intakes do

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
It's basically a short ram intake made by Jim Wolf Technology. You can buy it from most aftermarket stores for under $120 shipped. I have it, and it sounds and feels great. Just be warned that your gas mileage will decrease because you'll always want to be at WOT to hear that awesome sound and feel the little kick in the butt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the old saying that you only get what you pay for applies here :doh: I agree it must be junk parts from somewhere...out behind the garage.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
JWT only makes parts for Nissan, so thats why you never heard of it when you were shopping for your ford.

Like Josh said: if it's put together well it could be a good intake, but since there's no brand label on it, there's also no person losing face if it's a POS. Don't trust anyone you can't go after later if you need to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts