Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 35th Anniversary Z for about a month and already have 2 chips on the front bumper. I want to get the clearbra ASAP so I called my local tint shop. I've dealt with them in the past and they do a good job. But, they quoted me $600-$650 for the clearbra! Is that right? :helpsmilie: He said that included the front bumper, hood, mirrors, etc. Not sure if it included the back at all.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Price sounds about right...personally I'd skip the hood and just do the front bumper cover and area under the grill. Or you can have the bumper cover re-painted for that $$$ or less when the damage becomes too noticable.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244

The clear bra kit does not cost that much...having it professionally installed is key.
If the installer does not guarantee the work...look some more. I was quoted $325 for install of just the bumper cover and lower lip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Thanks for the info! Anyone else pay close to that?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My dealer said 700 buck so...maybe you could find it a hair cheaper, but maybe not.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My ex had a kit installed on her C5 for 700 bucks. I would certainly make sure that the installer have A LOT experience. The gentleman that installed my ex had 3 years experience but he still managed to get a couple of bubbles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

Well, I called another local shop and they quoted me $980!!! :rolf2: I laughed at the guy, what a rip. I asked how much for just the install if I bring my own kit and was told $350! That takes what, less than an hour's worth of work? With the invinca-shield deluxe kit at $408, I'd spend $758 installed. I was thinking this would be no more than $2-300, ****. Guess I'll keep looking around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to another local shop that uses Llumar paint protection film...

http://www.protint.com/LlumarPaintProtection.ivnu

They quoted me $720 installed, which covers the front bumper, hood, front fenders, and mirrors. It was $405 installed for just the front bumper area (I am probably just going to get that area done.) Anyone have opinions on Llumar paint protection films? They are not a 3M product. Does this matter?

The invinca-shield is 3M. Is this a better product? Their full deluxe kit ordered online with a local install is $408 + $350=$758.

Which film did you guys use and what is your opinion? Anyone been happy with Llumar or invinca-shield???

·
Registered
11 Posts
The clear-bra 3M stuff is not cheap! I got a quote here for about $700.00 for everything. I know some people suggest to not get the hood done, but after a year-and-a-half of driving my car it also gets chips in the hood. I live in Vegas and all and there is a lot of construction, so it seems like I'm always getting behind someone hauling gravel or whatnot. I have to get my car repainted (for the third time) and I will most likely purchase the clear-bra for the bumper, hood, and sideskirts (unless I buy an aerokit). The only thing that I think you could get away with is the mirrors. I may have one small knick on my passenger mirror but it's hardly noticeable.

Hope this helped,

Zrolimit

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Guess not everything in Hawaii costs more. The tint shop (in Honolulu) that applied my Llumar Bra normally charges about $675 - $700. This was for the Bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors. Unless you're up close, you can't see it. This is one thing I really don't recommend as a do-it-yourself. Trying to put a very large piece of clear, adhesive backed plastic is hard enough on a horizontal flat surface. Trying to do it on a vertical, curved surface ....

A Hui Hou

PaulO

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[/quote]

I wish I'd seen this sooner. I ordered the Llumar kit last week from a local shop. Thanks for the great offer though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Obsessed ,
how big is your "rock chip"
?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts