Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading up on some of the post and see that some of you have had Clearbra put on. Has anyone done it themselves? The dealers listed on their website are far from me and impractical for me to drive to, just to have applied. Also, what in your opinion is the value of doing this application. Are there any other alternatives?

Appreciate feedback....seems as though a lot of you are complaining about excessive chipping and what not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
728 Posts
[/quote]

From my understanding it can be difficult to do. any reputable body shop should have someone that could do it. Sometimes their detailers can put it on for you. It really depends on where you are putting it. If you are putting it on the front bumper and hood, I would have someone do it for you. If you are just going to be putting it around the wheel wells or something small like that, you could probably do it. Just keep in mind, the product itself is expensive so it's not one of those things you want to run a trial and error until you get it right. But the nature of the material is such that if you don't get it right, you can just peel it off and try again.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
The paint on the Z is very soft and if yours is a daily driver, the front bumper will look like a mine field sooner or later.

The clear bra is a good product...I would not recommend a DIY...find a reputable installer.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Had mine done for me by a shop, mostly because the car was bought in Honolulu and I live on the Big Island and the tint shop owner (TNT Tinting) is a classmate of mine and I got a smoking deal on it and the tinting. I'd say as long as you applied applied tint, or large decals, you might be okay. Since the shop installed it, I also have a warranty if it starts to yellow or peel off.

A Hui Hou

Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed mine myself. It is a PITA but if you take your time and not rush things it is do able. Just follow the directions and you will be fine. It helps if you have someone else there when peeling the bumper piece backing off, just because it is so large.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have applied clearbra to my headlights and that wasn't too bad but it was straight forward, no corners or sharp angles. I would say that if you don't have any experience with applying film than it would be in your best intrest to pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you. It is more than worth it to have it done right than and look good rather than messing it up yourself and having to possibly buy another one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just bought my Z for 1 week and already got a rock chip.
dunno if it is considered a rock chip or not coz its REALLY , REALLY small.
neway , do you guys REPAINTED the bumper first before putting the clearbra ? or not ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts