Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Clear hood? Show off that turbo!

16K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  ayman350z 
#1 ·
:OMG:

This looks like a kick ass setup.. anyone have any info on this car? (shown at the tokyo auto salon)

[attachmentid=5993]

[attachmentid=5994]

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
Hood is probably for show, imagine the heat from that turbo. Going to have a serious melt down, or at least deform the plastic. Probably not street legal in most states as well. The hood is part of the structure that is supposed to help absorb impact in case of a collision. Also it to prevent any bits of motor becoming shrapnel should the engine blow and to minimize fire; never open hood if you see a small flame coming out or smoke, especially fuel/oil fire.
As far as the size of the turbo... how many seconds is the lag on it? LOL
I saw a pic somewhere in a mag with a reversed intake, just can't remember. Really I did see a pic! Must be the old age.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

#16 ·
I wonder what boost he is pushing?? :dunno:

#17 ·
actually discussed this with my sponsors quite a while back. Since I'm Vorteched and the engine bay is done with a lot of polished pieces, we considered a clear or partially cleared hood (like the one pictured in this thread).

Problem is it would only be good for shows. Under normal driving conditions, the clear surface would become scarred from driving and would quickly become an eyesore. If you can arrange keeping two hoods around tho, one for show and one for go, it's a pretty cool idea.

#18 ·
[/quote]

:lol: .. Im pretty sure I read somewhere that clear hoods are illegal , at least in NY and NJ... :looking for info:
<div align="right">[snapback]65551[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not illegal - just a really good way to get your **** stolen.. clear hood + massive turbo setup = "Steal me!! STEEAAALLL MEEEEEEE!!!!!" in NYC/NJ area..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.