Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on which one I should go with? I'm tired of the big trucks on the highway chipping away at my paint !

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:bump: Bump for this one. I'm tired of it too. I need help. Is there any way to install a clear bra yourself without screwing things up?

I don't think there is anyone near here that installs them. Closest to me would probably be Atlanta, so if these can be self-installed it would be nice.

sebcorazon, I've heard many good things about the 3M bra, but I'm sure otehrs can give you better advice.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I dont think its recommended to install it by yourself , I would try to save on this mod... ever tried to tint your windows ? I did , costed me more in parts than I would pay for a pro install :headshake:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Thanks LB, I'll get a professional to do it then. Don't want to screw this one up.

There's a factory trained in Atlanta. My question now is, how long does it take to do?

·
Registered
543 Posts
My dealer installed my 3M, cost 525 bucks I think and I got a rental car tossed in. (a TrailBlazer)

http://www.tacoma.tzo.com/wash.html

Can you see the lines?

And so far, its protected VERY well, the only thing that has caused it damaged is when I rubbed it against a curb. And it would have torn the paint up REALLY good, but instead, it bubbled up the 3M, about the size of a pea. It saved me probably a hundred bucks in paint work. The pea sized bubble isnt worth fixing, its so small. HIGHLY recommended here.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I got mine done in Honolulu before my Z was sent over to the Big Island, LLumar brand. Shop did the bumper, leading edge of hood and fenders and mirrors. about $600.00. The film is 10mil and is guaranteed not to yellow. What ever brand you choose, it is definitely worth doing!

·
Registered
144 Posts
mine was done before I bought it. I think it cost the other guy about $750. I have the 3M X-pel film. Here's the link: www.xpel.com

It shows how to install it and everything. however, I won't recommend installing it yourself. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Llumar is the way to go. I have had both on my Z. the llumar is complletely smooth and clear whereas the 3m has orange peal built into the film. the Llumar paint protection film is fairly new and most installers are trained on the 3m---different techniques required for install of each. consequently, a 3m tech may not want to do a llumar install and if he does, it will probably have problems if he has not been trained. I have 3m on now and amjust waiting for the dealer to send it back to the installer to redo it with Llumar under warranty. good luck

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have been looking forward to getting this mod done to my Z when I get the body kit installed next spring. Hopefully I can get the Llumar for a good price. But the only downside is that it will have to be a true custom job as it will be applied to a Veilside V3 front end.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had Llumar film installed on mine the first week I got it. I couldn't be happier with the look and the protection. Had the headlights done too. Llumar has a lifetime nationwide guarantee. But pay to get a professional install - it's worth it! -- Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wanted to put my two cents in, I ended up buying my clear bra on e-bay for 115 shipped. The wife and I installed it, you just have to take your time not be in a hurry and you can do it. You end up saving some 400 dollars at least. of course if you ruin it you just lost 115.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Llumar Film installed by TnT Tinting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts