Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed some dirt build up on my car cover. It has been on the car for about a month. I took it off recently because we've had some warmer weather and all the snow is gone. I want to clean it, but it simply doesn't fit in my washer, not even close really.

So what do you do to clean one?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
get a washer that will fit it! ;)

or...take it to a laundromat that has one of those double load washers....and wash it there. :)

btw - how small is your washer? it would fit in mine (but, then again, i have one of those huge washers).

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Check manufacturer's recommended cleaning methods. Some can be washed in washer and some cleaned on car.
+1...they come with cleaning instructions. The "Weathershield" covers from Covercraft can be washed using POWDERED laundry soap in a home machine, or commercial machine if yours is not large enough. "Noah" covers are commercial wash only.

Check your manufactures web site, they should have some info on how to properly care for the fabric.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I have noticed some dirt build up on my car cover. It has been on the car for about a month. I took it off recently because we've had some warmer weather and all the snow is gone. I want to clean it, but it simply doesn't fit in my washer, not even close really.

So what do you do to clean one?
Yep, depends upon the type. Industrial washer at laundrymat will be my move in the spring. The OEM cover I don't know about b/c I bought mine used and don't have instructions........anyone?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Okay, once you wash it, how do you dry it? :lmfao:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm thinking of keeping my clean cover on the Z until the spring when I bring her out of hibernation. Then I was going to hang the 'dirty' side up on the fence and spray it down, let it dry, and roll it up to keep it clean for the next round.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I use an extra spin cycle which greatly reduces the moisture content after washing. I then place it on a clean car and it's dry in no time.

Efficency tip: If you are detailing the car throw the cover in wash at the same time. Then car is clean, cover is clean and all is in sync.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just got done washing my cover in the local laundry mat. Used the double washer that has three rinse cycles. Then I threw it in the dryer on high for 20 minutes. After 10 min just make sure that you reload it from the dryerto make sure that it's dry all over.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ohh man why not just hose it down with it on the car and let the sun dry it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts