Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to clean the inside of the windows on the Z. I can never prevent streaking. :doh:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My windows are tinted so I use Dawn (or another type of dishwashing gel) and paper towels for the inside.

I wet a few towels, while one is wet with soap. Wipe the soap on in a back and forth motion until you feel it is clean.

Use multiple wet paper towels to wipe off soap from inside window. Switch wet towels often, until soap is clearly gone from the surface.

As soon as you finish with the last wet towel, dry with a dry paper towel.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT APPLY TOO MUCH PRESSURE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE PROCEDURE

- Streak free

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
If your windows are tinted, make sure you DO NOT use anything with amonia in it.

I use microfiber towels with invisible glass. The microfiber soaks up any glass cleaner you can spray on there and never leaves streaks. The best microfibers I've found for it were at Sam's. A 25 pack was $10, and they're light blue. You really can't go wrong with this combo, and you won't be dissapointed. It only takes one swipe and I have clean windows with no streaks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
If your windows are tinted, make sure you DO NOT use anything with amonia in it.

I use microfiber towels with invisible glass. The microfiber soaks up any glass cleaner you can spray on there and never leaves streaks. The best microfibers I've found for it were at Sam's. A 25 pack was $10, and they're light blue. You really can't go wrong with this combo, and you won't be dissapointed. It only takes one swipe and I have clean windows with no streaks :thumbsup:

Excellent...I go one step further and go over the glass with a clean, dry micro towel after the above. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass too but w/ a special "glass" towel I got at Wal*Mart for like $3.99. It's super slick and leaves no streaks at all.

+1 exactly what I use and couldnt be happier with the results

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Perfect Glass - at Lowe's.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Stoner's or 3M glass cleaner for me, along with a paper towel to apply it, and a MF towel to clean off any residue. You have to be quick, though. Don't let it dry on too long.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For me its Meguiars NXT glass cleaner and Pakshak micro fiber glass towels. Never have had a streak.

Pakshak.com is where I got them from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts