Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the car wash today after work, got some mud off, and thought I would share the pictures I took. I loooove the black wheels, and I am still waiting to see how I like 275/40s ont he front. april 25th is the first auto cross of the season.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****, those wheels and tires look huge. Looks like they're going to tear up the auto-x scene.

Oddly, your car doesn't look black in those pics.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is all the sun glare and reflections from the trees.

I can't wait for the autocross april 25th & 26th, as well as tearing up the dragon. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looks wicked. 275s all around, or did you stagger the back? How are the brembos working out so far?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
275s on all 4 corners.

I am loving the brembos, I am not loving the noise from the carbotech pads though. I know it will be worth it when i get on the car, but when I pull up to a light and it squeaks it is kinda embarrassing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can't wait to change out my current pads (stockers), just trying to get the last bit of life out of them before I do the whole rotor and pad replacement job. Embarrassing as **** when you pull up to a drive-thru window and your brakes are squealing. Have you thought about trying some of that brake silencer stuff?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the pads themselves, it is a track pad, that squeaks when they are cold. I knew it going in. hawk HPS pads won't squeak.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'm loving that wheel design on the moster truck....errr...your Z. :thumbsup:

What Carbotechs are you using? I'm not getting any squeal out of my Bobcats but I haven't put on my XP8's yet.

I finally got setup with my 275/40/17's all around and I loved it at the last auto-x. Front grip FTW!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am afraid to drop it any more. The fronts have an inch or so of gap, the backs have more.

I am using the AX6 pads, they are what Justin recommended.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
QUOTE ([Cerberus] @ Apr 10 2009, 06:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=573092
I am afraid to drop it any more. The fronts have an inch or so of gap, the backs have more.

I am using the AX6 pads, they are what Justin recommended.
You're lowered now? On what? Might want to switch it up to a 35 profile tire after you wear those out. I run a 275/40 on my 17" wheels.

Slap some tire shine on that bish. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (StudyBuddy @ Apr 10 2009, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=573098
You're lowered now? On what? Might want to switch it up to a 35 profile tire after you wear those out. I run a 275/40 on my 17" wheels.

Slap some tire shine on that bish. :shiftdrive:
I mis spoke, It is stock ride height, but I am affraid to lower it with the current tires because of the rubbing.

I do plan on switching to a tire that has a 35 series 275 once I burn through these. Goodyear does not make the eagle F1 GS D3 in a 275/35 aside from their run flats, which run about 600$ a pop.

I need to get some new tires shine, the stuff I had sucked, it was a bish to put on, and did not last long. I think it was made by pinnicle.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
QUOTE ([Cerberus] @ Apr 10 2009, 07:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=573102
I mis spoke, It is stock ride height, but I am affraid to lower it with the current tires because of the rubbing.

I do plan on switching to a tire that has a 35 series 275 once I burn through these. Goodyear does not make the eagle F1 GS D3 in a 275/35 aside from their run flats, which run about 600$ a pop.

I need to get some new tires shine, the stuff I had sucked, it was a bish to put on, and did not last long. I think it was made by pinnicle.
I've been using Poorboy's BnB for years with a foam applicator pad.

http://www.autogeek.net/pbbnb16.html

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll give that a shot. I have some foam applicator pads, but I found they were hard to use. I ended up using a rag instead.

·
Registered
722 Posts
QUOTE (StudyBuddy @ Apr 10 2009, 09:12 AM)

Yikes!:eek:

The Z has a lot of room in the fenders. 275's should fit in there without much hassle.

If it's an offset thing, I fear it might slow you down on the track. because you may have to over-stiffen the suspension so the fenders won't squat onto the tires.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah It was an offset thing, also a tire size thing. I screwed up ordering tires, and ended up with 275/45 in the fronts instead of 275/35. I won't make that mistake again, and am trying to find some 17s to use for autox, like a 5zigen or something cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts