Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had there stock rims dipped in Chrome? How much does that run? Im thinking of doing it..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Please don't do it. Okay, why are you thinking of doing it? Other's have had their wheels powdercoated or painted, and some have gone so far as to get chrome wheels. You know that adds a bit of weight? And they chip easily.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
many dealers offer this as an upgrade.. It is going to cost around 200 per rim, so you are better off upgrading and getting some nice wheels.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reason I am thinking of doing it, my brother has an 04 white Maxima with the chrome factory rims, and it looks real nice, I thought my white 350 would like even better. I may hold off though and just get some nicer rims..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
reason I am thinking of doing it, my brother has an 04 white Maxima with the chrome factory rims, and it looks real nice, I thought my white 350 would like even better. I may hold off though and just get some nicer rims..
Good idea on holding off. You should surf a while, looking at wheels and pics of other Z's with different wheels. Some are nice on any color, but there are wheels that look really good on one or 2 colors.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Chrome? My 2c. :doh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had my 17" rims chromed on a chrome exchange with www.oemrims.com Talk to Ann and she will fill you in with the details.
I'm very pleased with mine and they look good. One of the good things was that with the recall on the 2004 for tire feathering, I still have the original rims, just chromed and the dealer didnt say a thing about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here they are on the Z. If you have any questions, send me a email. One of the good things about it all, is that I dont have to worry about fitment issues as these are the OEM wheels that come on the Z and they turned out really nice.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts