Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Santas came by the other day and droped off some goodies for being such a nice guy and being the first to install the APS TT. Now I have the problem of where to stick them. :thumbsup: My thoughs on where to place them was to replace the oem gauges and use the Link Display for speed, oil pressure and any other sensors I decide to get, I would like to hear what you think of this idea. :soapbox:

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Wow someone has been a good boy this year!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Stick them where ever you want.
We r all so jealous!!!!

I don't even really know what I am looking at?
But I think you should try to incorporate them so that if possible everything from the outside still looks stock. Then some of those fully sick ####holes (notice I said some) in their sti's won't have a clue what they are up against..

Nothing better than stealth I believe.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Will the oil temp, fuel pressure and boost gauge fit in the centre pod?? If, so put them there. Then put the link display in the Navi compartment??

Stealth is best

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ooooo nice.

Where from and how much if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking I'll need some of those for my next purchase.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you check the APS site you will see they have just released a twin turbo for the charade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt is going to be the first one off the block.

Whoooooooooooooooooosh.

As always

H

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
apsilon

I got them through Adam Z1 Performance www.z1auto.com in the US I had a friend over there and he brouht them back with him, they were US$1060 and I bought them when the aussie dollar was at 0.79 which worked out at AUS$1341 which save around AUS$700.

Cheers,

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Dec 11 2004, 06:13 AM
ZTRACK your car is gonna be so sick when its all installed

I've had a ride, It's ALREADY sick. When the extras are intalled it will be FULLY SICK MATE!

PS. JTS- Re: your avitar. Just saw Team America tonight - now that movie is FULLY SICK MATE!!!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
A nice twin turbo system and Defi gauges. I'm so jealous I'm lost for words.

Is there any reason why you chose not to go the VSD HUD instead? Just curious - any extra display would be cool.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, I started the install yesterday and it's a big job plus I,m taking my time as to what goes where, at this stage I'm mounted the controller plus installed the boost sensor/sender and ran the wire into the cabin and connected it to the controller, now these are my options

Option 1.

Replace the OEM gauges with the boost, oil, temp and fuel pressure,then use the Link Display for speed, oil pressure, EGT and any other that maybe needed.

Option 2

Just replace the Volt OEM gauge (this and be done) with the Defi Boost gauge and use the Defi Display for the oil temp and fuel pressure or any others.

Option 3

Get a single A pillar pod for the boost and use the Defi display for all the others.

Scathing

I did'nt like the idea of having to but a reflective stickon screen on the windscreen plus are they legal in Victoria, I can get all the same functionallity fom the Link Display and it's a safer bet.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Legality I'm not sure about without engineering certification.

Don't forget, the U13 Bluebird SSS was sold by Nissan down here with a HUD, and the new BMW 5 series also has a HUD. Which means that the device can be ADR'ed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by harryw@Dec 11 2004, 04:05 AM
If you check the APS site you will see they have just released a twin turbo for the charade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt is going to be the first one off the block.

Whoooooooooooooooooosh.

As always

H

Stop giving away my secrets :shiftdrive:

Nah, the Charade is great for to and from work but I took it on the first long drive a couple of weeks back with about 300kg of gear in it, it wasn't fun, especially Bulli Pass.

As there's no sports cars on the immediate horizon that interests me and I need something practical as I'm going to be traveling a bit over the next year I'm looking to buy a Subaru Forester XT which will have some mods hence the gauge interest.

Thanks for the info ZTRACK, good price.

BTW very :eek:fftopic: but has anyone looked at all of the smilies on this site? If not scroll down and check out some of the ones past the half way mark :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Boost gauge in the door air vent and the other 2 on the pillar and toss the defi display. (what does it show you anyway?).

Since they are 60mm guages I think it would look weird in the factory location. If they were 35mm guages I would put 2 in the OEM location and a 60mm in the door air vemt for boost.

Congrats on the saving

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think the "Option 3 - Get a single A pillar pod for the boost and use the Defi display for all the others." is the way to go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it were my car I'd buy an extra A pillar trim and mold a gauge pod into it, paint it etc and mount the boost gauge there then mount the display in the empty centre console and not worry about the other two gauges.

All reversible with minimal expense.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr Risk

The 60mm Defi gauges will fit perfectly in the OEM centre pods, have attached an image of ACP's setup plus a A pillar pod install.

Cheers,

Defi 60mm BF gauges installed in OEM pod.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts