Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winding down after a steak and a beer....read, heaven....

Leaving an adjoining town in the network of adjoining towns in the smokey little towns that surround Groton....Camero is right on my a$$.

(Insert Scarface/Al Pacino voice.....) So, you wanna play with me, you think you're going to get a piece of me...Well, say hello to my little FRIENDS....twin turbos!!!! :punch: :punch:

We pull up to a light, but their is traffic in front of him. He has two passengers with him and they are all staring like 16 year olds at an ALL Nude bar. I immediatly ask the driver if he wants to go for a run??!! Of course, with two buddies in his ride, he can't turn down the challenge!!

So, we are trying to find a place to get a good run in, since I am basically clueless to the roads around here right now, I ask him where we can get a run in and tell him I will follow him. He proceeds to make a few mesmorizing turns left and right then we are at the throat of a "quarter mile stretch". Now, he heads out in front of me, I drive over to his left and line up.

Waiting, waiting, waiting,....(takes me back to that first time when you are about to go in for a landing....think prom night :D ).

Finally, we punch it. Psssshhhhttttttt!!!!!!! We punch it from a 10-15mph roll and I am in 2nd gear. Top off second gear with the skill of a Plastic surgen working on Rosanne Barr,,,hehe,,, nice launch, minimizing wheel spin,,,.

I hit third and he begins to drift from my side rear view mirror to my overhead rear view mirror....(read, he's getting smoked like some good **** behind the high school bleachers)

I then do a smooth quick shift to fourth and he is just a spec now in the mirror!!! I begin to stand on my brakes and slow down for him to see if he still wants to play. He proceeds to be a good sport but says he wants another run because he missed second or something. I am more than willing to take him on again, knowing at this point it is definately going to be slaughter unless he missed his 250 shot of nitrous, lol.

I tell him once again, I will follow you and you pick the place to run again....we end up again at the throat of the same street. However, their is a local sharif in the vicinity so we decide to pull over and shoot the sh1t for a while.

We exchange under hood looks and the guys were really cool. I openly disclose my full specs including by how much I am ripping up concrete(aka, rwhp).

Finally, the air clears and we get to do it all over again.
THIS TIME, I purposely give him a little head start, hehe. (Insert evil laugh going for the kill)

Top off second, catch him.
Top off third, pass him quickly.
Top off fourth, he is once again a "Little spec in the rear view mirror....."

We pull over a little while later and exchange comments. Good sport, Great runs!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:rolf2: ****, that was tasty! :drool: Next time I see one of your posts in this section, I'm going to grab a :beer: and kick back. :goodtimes:

Nice! And it's always good to have good sports. Maybe I need to cruise around the little towns around here...go find me some domestic steaks. :punch:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Haha, "domestic steaks". It just amazes me how some guys think that just because they have more displacement, they must win.....thinking like that generates more victims for my 3.5 liter behemoth. :rolf2:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
sweet!

speaking of nice strips to race....you should go check out the berlin turnpike (over by hartford). and, speaking of steaks....there used to be a ruths chris over by harftord (on the berlin turnpike). i used to go there once a week or once every other week! you should go have a steak there! (also, there's a hooters right near there as well).

:)

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hey going i must say that you tell very good stories and i laugh at all your analogies, LOL

nice kill!!

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
hehe... good one. Done this myself against a Camaro SS. What made my kill even sweeter was another member of our local Z club there to witness. He (the guy in the 300ZX0 was behind me at the light when I just left the SS from a stand-still. Then I slowed down to let him (the SS) get side by side to race from a drop (around 60mph) and dusted him again.

JetPilot... I've got a F360 kill story, but it's not as spectacular. It was a run from around 30-80mph. Guy was being a prick, so I figured I would try to put him in his place. To my surprise I pulled a good 2 car lengths on him! :eek: I'm sure given more road and higher speeds he would have pulled me in and past, but given the situation I was quite pleased with the results! :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
You fella's with the turbos and superchargers.....smoke 'em if you got em. Smoke em all!!!!!!

Good job. But yes, let's pick on some more worthy opponents. It seems the more a car costs the more embarrased they are when they get smoked. I love it!!!!

**** I need a Greddy TT :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
:clap: I'm with you on that, except I'd like to say that any FI application would be nice to start with. :burnout:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Thanks Ernie! I saw that it was your thread and I just leaned back my chair for a good read. Awesome story!

3.5 liter behemoth <----- :thatsfunny: :thatsfunny: :thatsfunny:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/quote]

If only I could find some!!! I need to go stalk Greenich Village, lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/quote]

Thanks, Jinxxy!!! I always like entertaining!!! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/quote]

did you happen to have a bald guy beside you? I heard him telling you to smoke the guy in the Ferrari.. :rolf2: j/k

the F360 would've still lost on the higway if you don't have the speed limiter and your redline at 7100
<div align="right">[snapback]103577[/snapback]
[/quote]

Haha, no, I didn't have a bald guy next to me. I guess I do write it up like its part of a movie, only its not. HEhee.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts