Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350z vs Eclipse
o_O, notice at the end the Z owner who made the video said (eclipse won from a 20 roll two times with different drivers, all stock)

somethings fishy here, u think hes got a bottle?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Something is strange. It seemed that eclipse was pulling pretty good past that Z. I know the new eclipses have some power but I don't think they have enough to reel a Z in that quick stock.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Specs
Source
-
2,378 cc 2.4 liters in-line 4 front engine with 87.0 mm bore, 100.0 mm stroke, 9.5 compression ratio, overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 4G69
-
Unleaded fuel 87
-
Multi-point injection fuel system
-
17.7 gallon main unleaded fuel tank 14.7
-
Power: 121 kW , 162 HP SAE @ 6,000 rpm; 162 ft lb , 220 Nm @ 4,000 rpm

2008 Nissan 350Z Specs
Source
-
3,498 cc 3.5 liters V 6 front engine with 95.5 mm bore, 81.4 mm stroke, 10.6 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder VQ35HR
-
Premium unleaded fuel 91
-
Multi-point injection fuel system
-
20.1 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank 16.7
-
Power: 228 kW , 306 HP SAE @ 6,800 rpm; 268 ft lb , 363 Nm @ 4,800 rpm

I am saying bulshit. Unless the Eclipse weighs like 100 lbs

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE ([Cerberus] @ Apr 19 2008, 08:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=519351
I am saying bulshit. Unless the Eclipse weighs like 100 lbs
I think you are talking about the wrong eclipse - u posted the GS version the GT Is:

Engine DOHC 3.8-Liter, V6, 24-Valve, DOHC, SEFI Front Mounted With Horsepower Of [email protected], Torque Of [email protected], Cast Iron Block and Alloy Cylinder Heads
Compression Ratio 10.50
[email protected] 265 hp @5000rpm
Torque Lbs. Per Ft [email protected] 4000
Cylinder Configuration Vee
Valves per cylinder 4
Bore 3.75
Stroke 3.55
Engine Block Material Cast Iron
Block Head Material Alloy
Fuel Capacity 17.70 gallons
Fuel Type Unleaded
Fuel Delivery Name SEFI

my wife has an 06 eclipse GT, it's pretty fast but not as fast as my Z.... And I am still skeptical how the 08 GT, beat the 08 350z? He prob had a hidden bottle somewhere, whats your take on it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (ChefsZ @ Apr 19 2008, 08:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=519356
the gt has 263 hp at 3400 lbs
the z 306hp at 3300lbs

simple to c video does not add up
plus mitsu suxs
You are quick to say the video doesn't add up when the Z owner is the one who posted the video and the one who admitted the GT won.
I wouldn't say mitsu sucks, that just shows your opinion is biased. Mitsus last a whole lot longer then any nissan out there, I guess the only reasonable explanation for that race, either
A. The z driver didn't know how to drive in a straight line
B. Z is rwd eclipse is fwd, The Z lost more hp in the power to wheel transfer and the eclipse won.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Even so.... The Z Driver must not know how to drive... That should have been an easy kill for him... By the Way why dont people who race realllllyyyy race I mean from a dig aka stoped! Then thats were the skill comes in on how to launch your car... A good driver can beat a person whos a bad driver.. even if the bad driver has a 100hp advantage.. case in point... When I went to byron raceway I beat a guy with a brand new 06 GTO with only 5000miles on it by two car lengths and my z only had a Nismo CAI and its a 5AT!!! So there might be something going on but im sure the Z driver just needs to practice more.

DAN

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
QUOTE (FloridaZ07 @ Apr 19 2008, 08:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=519354
I think you are talking about the wrong eclipse - u posted the GS version the GT Is:

my wife has an 06 eclipse GT, it's pretty fast but not as fast as my Z.... And I am still skeptical how the 08 GT, beat the 08 350z? He prob had a hidden bottle somewhere, whats your take on it?
I just searched for "08 eclipse" and thats the first thing that came up.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That video doesn't show much. It looks like the very beginning of a couple different races. (Most of that video is just the interior of the Z)

I know the Z owner said he was beat from a 20mph roll, but I didn't see that in the video either.

If it were an auto Z Vs a stick GT, that might make sense.

Maybe the GT owner is a better than average driver and the Z driver(s) aren't. Although pointing the car in a straight line and hitting proper shift points isn't all that hard.

Also, I know that FWD has less powertrain loss to the wheels than a RWD, but both have some loss getting power to the wheels and the Z would have to loose 40 more horsepower than the eclipse.

I doubt the Z looses that much more than the eclipse.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well many people drive fast cars but they just cant simply drive.
i went to watch at a local dragstrip - all these people with Lambos and ferrari's. and you wont believe this - they were actually running 14s or 16s. can u believe this?!?!? lol!! i even saw a guy taking 1second (a bit exaggerated) before he could shift gears during the drag runs!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (dj_flameskull @ Apr 19 2008, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=519377
well many people drive fast cars but they just cant simply drive.
i went to watch at a local dragstrip - all these people with Lambos and ferrari's. and you wont believe this - they were actually running 14s or 16s. can u believe this?!?!? lol!! i even saw a guy taking 1second (a bit exaggerated) before he could shift gears during the drag runs!
haha I know where ur coming from man, I saw a guy with a brand new red gallardo (seriously looked like it just rolled out of the factory) - he ran a 15

·
Registered
615 Posts
Aslo you cant trust the videos on Streetfire much... I watched one that had a 350z with a vortech and 150shot (supposedly) loose to a camero with boltons and a cam.. I DONT THINK SOO... maybe the Z was N/A.. I think they added the 150 Shot and the Vortech to make the z look slow... Also they never proove the mods by showing them in the videos hmmmmm sounds like a setup to me.

DAN

·
Registered
26 Posts
I played around w/ a buddy of mine who has a 08 GT. We never really "RACED", but there was no comparison. I pulled on him every time.

This was bf I was boosted btw!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
yea they aren't THAT quick...i actually took one down today right when i got off the phone with rowlett because he was taunting me laughing....well he didn't laugh after he got a great look at my car's ass!

·
Registered
136 Posts
as far as i know, the Z is the most brutal machine in its class. ive seen videos where it outperformed the s2000, m3, boxsterS and many other more, including some V8s. that's why there are so many Z haters out there. and that's why i love my Z so much!

QUOTE (FloridaZ07 @ Apr 19 2008, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=519378
haha I know where ur coming from man, I saw a guy with a brand new red gallardo (seriously looked like it just rolled out of the factory) - he ran a 15

i'd be pretty emrabarrassed if i was one of those guys. . .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (dj_flameskull @ Apr 20 2008, 01:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=519636
as far as i know, the Z is the most brutal machine in its class. ive seen videos where it outperformed the s2000, m3, boxsterS and many other more, including some V8s. that's why there are so many Z haters out there. and that's why i love my Z so much!

i'd be pretty emrabarrassed if i was one of those guys. . .
Yup I love my 350z also, ill try to run against a manual GT sometime this summer - ill post the results :)) I've got nismo intake/exhaust so far, hopefully getting boosted soon.

The announce at the drag strip turned on the mic but all we heard was silence "............................well ladies and gentlemen that was a quiet sad day in the history of drag racing..........."

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've stepped on two '07 Eclipse GT's with my iron boot and embarrassed both of them. I've raced many other earlier generation Eclipses, turbo'ed and all, and haven't been taken by one yet.

But in all honesty, all I see are two retards ATTEMPTING to race down a crowded freeway. First run clearly had the 350Z ahead, as did the second and third run. A bunch of scared pussies yelling, "Oh my god is that a cop? That a cop? Hurry get off, get off, quick get off."

·
Registered
341 Posts
This is a sad excuse for a race, by any means. I've never drove or raced an Eclipse, so I can't say how quick they are or aren't. Going by the specs, however, this doesn't seem plausible. But really, none of that matters. This is a horrible vid and lame excuse for a race. I don't call BS, but rather SP (stupid people).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts