Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here i am in my home searching for stuff for my car and i get boared then i start looking for stuff for my friends subaru sti, so all of a suden i go to his forum web site and find all this about z`s they are just trying to make excuses!! STI warrior is my friend he even says he beats me with the supercharger when i can take him any time any how and any where hahaha lol that just makes me laugh though!! check out both links both about 350z and one has vids

ARE 350Z THAT SLOW?

sti moded vs 350z slightly moded

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
same bashing that goes on against any car.. the STI is very fast, but its a grocery getter.. enough said about that..

they are two different cars.. 4wd vs 2wd its obvious who has the advantage

there are plenty of misinformed people everywhere, one guy said the greddy tt only puts out 300 hp versus the stock 287... ?? what kinda monkey math is that?

·
Registered
785 Posts
That actually wasn't to bad and a few of the people were even reasonable. Think god isn't wasn't a bunch of srt kids posting or it would have looked like a monkey **** fight. I personally love subbies and if they made a version that didn't look so boxy I might have went that route. My wife has a forester xt and thing constantly amazes me with it's power and agility for a wagon.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Well, I give that thread and everyone over there a great big :gives:

What a bunch of gayfags, arguing over which car is faster.. saying we bought Z's for looks. **** them. :tfg: :ghey: :gayfight: :supergay:

I never understood how the Z gets lumped into competition with such a huge variety of cars. The Z is RWD, NA 6-cyl. The subie is a 4 cyl awd turbo. Could they be ANY more different??

Hey, I got a better idea, lets compare a Yamaha R1 to the STi, they both have 4 cylinders, but the subie is turbo'd so I'd guess it will have the advantage over the Yamaha? Fucking morons..

·
Registered
91 Posts
:rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:

That was funny as ****. I wonder why all of them get together and lie about or cars. You know what though, every forum lies about are cars. :angry:
I can't wait to get this turbo kit so I can shut them all up, well at least the ones that live in socal. :irock:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my thoughts exactly , i dont know why are they bitching about it and what makes me laugh is my friend in his sti has to lie so he can feel good in his forum any one knows a forced induction Z can beat an sti!! you would have to be a pretty bad driver!!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
take that dam turbo off that car and then run it against the Z!! it wouldnt even be close IMO. they are just scared cause once some of us throw that APS TT kit on its game over for that car

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
comparing a Z and Subaru is like comparing a steed with a donkey...
i dont get this bullshit!
they are fast cars, but i **** them up all the time on the highway!!
Z's are faster! looks better! and is a very flexibale car to drive.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
They are just talking fast in a traight line.. on a road course the Z puts better times down. And to me, those are the numbers I care about.. I bought the Z as a track car, not a drag car.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If they want to say I bought my Z for looks, I'd agree with them. If you put a brand new STI next to my used (and damaged thanks to an accident) Z, and I'd still take the Z.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a z and stock for stock the sti is faster on the track and pretty much anywhere. Now with a few mods we can beat them from a roll but from a dig you aint gonna win unless you get serious mods. I know this from experence and those cool japanese videos i have.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[/quote]

The sti and the evo both have better g ratings and better 0-60 times they also have better damnit cant remebere wha its called but when they go through the cones really fast.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/quote]
No so fast there buddy. That might be true with a mustang, but not so with a Subaru WRX or STI. They are very, very fast on the track. Now, you may have been in a track with an STI with a bad driver and that would certainly slow him down. Afterall, racing is 90% driver. However, don't assume they are slow on the track. They are fast little fuckers.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I bought my car for looks. What's wrong with that? Kids are always staring and pointing. Do you see people doing that with Subies? :nana:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
GROCERY GETTER.

Nuff said.

And **** yeah the Z got my attention b/c she so friggin HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to look at, nuttin wrong w/ that, we surround ourselves w/ beautiful things, that isn't wrong at all :sunsmile:

The subie cannot hold a candle to the Z's beauty, heritage, and long standing car loyalty. *Harumph* Can I get a second *Harumph* :wink:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
*Harumph*

There's your second.......how about a third!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with almost everything said in thread. I've had my Z over a year now, and I used to have a WRX, and to be completely honest, I would have bought the STi over the Z, in fact I probably still would. The only reason I didn't was because the STi is like 10 grand more that the base Z.

I also don't think of the STi as a grocery getter. Just because a car has four doors doesn't make it "Mom's car." STi's have been tearing up rally courses for ages...and they make road course full bread race car versions of it too. The Z is badass, but it's meant for one thing...road racing. In an STi, you got snow, dirt, gravel, and tarmac.

One thing you're right about though, you can't compare the two cars, they're completely different beasts. However, then, you go on to say the Z would beat the STi if it FI. Well, that may be true, but if you're going to compare the two, you have to compare them as stock cars, or as both modded cars. I can sit here all day and talk about any car beating any other car as long as it has the right mods.

Anyway, I'm getting off track here, what I really wanted to say is that, even though you all usually have nothing but intelligent things to say, this thread was an all out bashing of an incredible car just because a few owners don't know what they are talking about. In fact, I've started to see a lot of this retaliatory child-like threads lately. There has been a lot of closed minded chatter about how no car beats the Z, and it sickens me. I thought I was part of something cool, where true auto enthusiasts get to come together. But I guess I was wrong.

I love my Z, I loved my WRX, and I also love the STi (or at least what I know about, since I havent had a chance to drive one), and I love this site, but I can't help feeling really disappointed in the attitudes that have developed over that last few months. We all used to appreciate a car for what it is, now it seems that we're becoming exactly those people we all hate. Stop and listen to yourselves sometimes. You'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I've had my rant, and you all can do whatever you want to do, but hopefully.

Oh and if I offended anyone here, sorry, but that's my opinion.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts