Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my plenum polished so it was removed for a day. i installed it yesterday and everything was good, i didn't notice anything funny or weird. after about 20-30 minutes of driving the light kicked on. this morning i checked the code with a matco OBDII diagnotic tool. the code was for idle rpm more than expected (200 RPM or more will trip the light). at idle things seem okay but while driving i notice that my RPMs are about 500 more than they should be. for example, in 3rd gear going 30mph, my RPMs should be @2000 RPM. now, at 30mph in 3rd my RPM's sit at @3500RPM.

So far i have checked the hoses and clamps, all good!!! The bolts for the manifold were all torqued down to spec in the configuration explained here
http://www.hypersprite.com/auto/tech-z-002/index.asp

the throttle body (TB) i installed while the plenum was off the car. i look at it but couldn't find any proof that the TB was the source of a possible vacuum leak.

I checked all the electrical connections, they were all made and they were solid.

i am thinking i am going to have to redo the whole thing eventhough, to the naked eye the plenum looks installed flush and correctly.

anyone have any suggestions on what i should do next? i believe it to be some sort of vacuum leak but would like other opinions. hopefully someone else has had this problem before and could direct me to the source!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Did you have the battery disconnected while doing all of this? I disconnected the neg terminal before taking out my plenum. So far, no problems.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
No prob man keep us updated on how it comes out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts