Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remove the muffler from the center muffler pipe and put in a straight pipe?
I am thinking of doing it because I can buy a factory center muffler pipe cheap and all that I really want is for the car to be a little louder. I guess that I am getting old because it seems that it is fast enough.

·
Registered
85 Posts
On some cars, replacing the resonator with a straight pipe results in a very loud and obnoxious resonance inside the car at certain speeds - usually at the rpm the car is most often driven. On others it makes little difference in the car but a slight one outside. My advice is to make the change reversable so if you don't like the result you can switch back. It is doubtful if there will be a performance increase as most resonators are straight through already. If any one has pulled a resonator off they should be able to comment there.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
also if it is sound you are looking for be sure you check up on your local noise ordinances. you don't need to draw extra attention to yourself because that may lead to unwanted tickets. Best bet would be to go for a good true dual system but that is just my opinion

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone remove the muffler from the center muffler pipe and put in a straight pipe?
I am thinking of doing it because I can buy a factory center muffler pipe cheap and all that I really want is for the car to be a little louder. I guess that I am getting old because it seems that it is fast enough.
bump!

Hey there. I'm wondering if you were able to make your car a bit louder and how did you do it. Did you follow what gotrpm mentioned or not? Well, my uncle is planning to make his car a bit louder than normal but he wasn't quite sure how to do it. Anyway, I'm looking for any ideas or great suggestions with the muffler or pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
also if it is sound you are looking for be sure you check up on your local noise ordinances. you don't need to draw extra attention to yourself because that may lead to unwanted tickets. Best bet would be to go for a good true dual system but that is just my opinion

agreed - this is soley my opinion, but a civic, neon, mustang, etc needs a loud exhaust, needs flashing lights on the bottom side or a huge whale tail to get attention...

The z doesnt...sadly, my sister (of all people) told me this:

"Less is more"

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
bump!

Hey there. I'm wondering if you were able to make your car a bit louder and how did you do it. Did you follow what gotrpm mentioned or not? Well, my uncle is planning to make his car a bit louder than normal but he wasn't quite sure how to do it. Anyway, I'm looking for any ideas or great suggestions with the muffler or pipe.

you do realize this thread was made close to 6 years ago right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts