Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been debating on changing my transmission fluid. but im not so sure its necessary. i have seen cars run for a long time without ever having that type of service done. so on to the point. for those of you who have done it can you give any recommendations as far as replacement fluids, what to look for in the old fluid,ie. any shavings or whatever. and a how to (i searched).and any helpful tips in doing the job right. thanks in advance.
mdzowner

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">As far as what to use, get the transmission fluid from Nissan. I believe the Z uses Matic-J (there's a TSB about it). You should definitely change it at some point, but you don't need to for a while. How many miles do you have on your Z?

link</span>

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I don't think changing it would void your warranty. I think your warranty gets voided if something goes wrong due to your changing the fluid yourself (e.g., over/under filling it). If you look in the warranty book, it says something about work being by not by Nissan. Also, the TSB says that if the tranny is "damaged by the use of any other A/T fluid, it may not be covered by NISSAN warranty."</span>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts