Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

CF lip

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  zlegend 
#1 ·
I'm looking for advice on getting this. I have a small crack on that part of my car, its not too noticable but I can still see it.

Anyway, think this would look lame or would it be okay on a CS?

I got mad the day I got the crack and ordered it, but its out of stock temporarily. So I have a day or so to rethink it.

At courtesy parts.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=F2650-Z3300

Discussion starter · #4 ·
[/quote]

Yeah, I like that better too. Thanks for the link, its cheaper too, it I get it unpainted.

Which brings up another question... Should I get it matching color (CS), or should i get black or unpainted for contrast? Or do you think that would look too ricey.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
[/quote]

Yeah, I like that better too. Thanks for the link, its cheaper too, it I get it unpainted.

Which brings up another question... Should I get it matching color (CS), or should i get black or unpainted for contrast? Or do you think that would look too ricey.
<div align="right">[snapback]78577[/snapback]
[/quote]

Definately, definately, DEFINATELY paint it. Please. For the love of god. :lol:

If it isn't CF, there is no reason to leave it unpainted. The only car that looks good on is the stock black plastic underbody kit on the R34 skyline.
<div align="right">[snapback]78600[/snapback]
[/quote]

OKay, okay. I was just askin. No need to :poop: :)

Thats what I was planning. Just gathering some info. Which has been extremely helpfull, if I haven't said that already.

Thanks again, hopefully it will be warming up around here soon so I can put it on when it arrives.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
[/quote]

I didn't even think of clearance issues. I did alot of modding to my previous car, but nothing along the lines of body work. So I'm new to this aspect of it.

Do you other guys have clearance issues with your lips? Either the Veilside or the IntencePower one?

I live in a pretty flat city but there are a number of places with steep driveways, almost every gas station has one for some reason.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Well, I got the cover and put it on a few days ago. I decided not to get a extended lip, even though it would look a bit better. There are too many steep driveways around here, and with the luck I've been having so far I'll take the safer route. After I putting it on, it doesn't look to bad. I got some truck molding for my grille, I'll doing that some time next week maybe.

Here is a picture, for now.
[attachmentid=7049]

Attachments

Discussion starter · #19 ·
[/quote]

I'm not disputing that it would look better, but I have no doubt it would get ripped off. In the long run I might get some type of suspension as well, which will most likely make my car lower still. So I'll sacrifice looks for peace of mind this time, even though i really did want the lip. Oh well. :whine:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.