Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these headlight covers? They should help me block out the yellow strip without having to bake the headlight. I just wanted opinions from everyone on these. Also, do you think these will limit nighttime visibility or will it not make a big difference?

Here are some pictures of it. Post some more if you have them, especially if you have a picture of them on a Super Black Coupe.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Those are cool. Where did you find those? Or better yet, where can you buy them?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I wonder what it looks like unpainted.

I think I could paint it myself for less. Might even go with something totally different.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean? Like a different cover? Or paint it a different color?

I might get mine painted seperately as well. I'll have to ask my bodyshop guy what he can do for me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
a lot of bodyshops will read your paint code & make you up a spray can, so's you can touch up youre car....or paint those sweet lookin eyebrows a yours....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Different color. Like chrome or something. Or nothing at all. I think $120 for something that small is frivolous. I guess I'm more into performance than I thought. Now if they were selling them for $50, that would be different.

My job has made me too sensitive towards the price of goods. I know it doesn't cost that much to mass produce or fabricate plastic pieces like that.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Dec 23 2004, 11:19 AM
a lot of bodyshops will read your paint code & make you up a spray can, so's you can touch up youre car....or paint those sweet lookin eyebrows a yours....

Really? That's good to know. I might look into that. Or just have the shop repaint my whole front end, or buy a new fascia. I'm so confused...or indecisive.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I never really like these. I do like the eyelids from that other thread, though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've never really neem a big fan of eyelids on the Z, I do agree with Ched though...those ones on that other thread looked really good...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not a fan of how they make the headlights look... too round or something.

On another note, check ebay. You can pick them up brand new, unpainted, for 25 bucks shipped. And my paint shop could paint them for probably 40 bucks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts