Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I ordered these and had them painted. The colormatch was dead-on but the covers did not come with any 2-sided tape to put them on. I am sure there has to be a better way to attach these things and not have them come off or look raised. i got some super thin 3M tape, but a test makes them look raised up, without the tape it looks flush like the light came that way. The test fit is pretty good, just the driver's side doesn't sit flush, but with a strong enough adhesive it will be perfect. These appear to be ABS and can be prepped on the headlight side. Any suggestions at all? Or should i just go to a bodyshop and let them do it

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had mine installed by ZPresence on 350ZFrenzy. He used 3M Acrylic Plus tape and mine look very good. I do push down on the corners each morning as I walk out to the car, just to make sure everything stays tight!

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
teaser pic. i just laid the cover on the light to take this pic, mainly to show the colormatch. these will look good once i get them on

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
installed finally. i just went with the thinnest 3M tape i could find, sticks pretty strong. I think i got the driver side one off just by a mm down towards the bottom, but it is barely noticable.

front

passenger side

driver side

·
Registered
538 Posts
Steve, those look great. Did you have them painted or did the vendor match for you? What is the cost and where did you get them?

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got them from Intense Motorsports. They had them on special for $99 and they painted them, total price was $175 painted and shipped. But it took over three weeks for them to get them to me. But the end results are pretty good so far, great fit and the paint matches. you have to provide your own 3M tape for it. with it painted i had to prep the back and get rid of the paint that got on the back so the tape would stick firmly but took like 15 minutes to do that.

http://store.yahoo.com/ntnsracing/ce20sthetr35.html

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by gdojr@May 20 2004, 06:17 PM
Is this the product that you had so much problem getting a shipping pro number for?

Does anyone else make them?

that is the one. They was the only non-e-bay site i found that had them though, at least the one that offered paint service. anyone else know of a place

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've never been a fan of headlight covers, because I think our stock headlights just look mean.

They do look nice on the SS though, good mod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts