Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good dash kit for the center console (around the stereo, climate control knobs, and center gauge cluster)? I recently screwed my factory one up and am looking at alternatives to cover up the boo boo. I don't want anything that looks cheap though. Any suggestions would be appreciated and pics are would be fantastic!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
all the dash kits look cheap except the dry carbon overlay by EVO-R

you could also have it painted

ill dig up some pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the links. I like the look of the dry carbon over the other. How hard is this to apply yourself? I wouldn't guess it would be to tough.

How much did the paint job cost if you don't mind me asking? I would love to do that but I'm guessing it is a far more costly option. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by GB_KSU@Jun 22 2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the links.  I like the look of the dry carbon over the other.  How hard is this to apply yourself?  I wouldn't guess it would be to tough.

How much did the paint job cost if you don't mind me asking?  I would love to do that but I'm guessing it is a far more costly option.  Thanks for the help!
[snapback]119341[/snapback]​

The dry carbon is put on with double sided tape. The EVO-R makes top quality stuff. The pictures look like it is a good fit, but this is a brand new item so nobody has it yet.

Paint cost me nothing :) I do my own painting and custom work. If i get some free time soon I may start paint things for other people. But for now my own projects are keeping me on my toes.

Paint can be done for 100-200.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Check out my dash and interior...you could do something like I did, but it took me a while to sand EVERYTHING down so it was smooth and didn't have the honeycomb texture any more and then I had a buddy who paints for an Autobody shop paint everything for me. It turned out really nice.

Check it out here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/338785164SBGdZb

·
Registered
627 Posts
Originally posted by nismoz33@Jun 22 2005, 12:11 PM
Check out my dash and interior...you could do something like I did, but it took me a while to sand EVERYTHING down so it was smooth and didn't have the honeycomb texture any more and then I had a buddy who paints for an Autobody shop paint everything for me.  It turned out really nice.

Check it out here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/338785164SBGdZb
[snapback]119345[/snapback]​

How much did this cost you overall would you say? I like the look. Don't know how I would get my stuff sanded since I don't have a sander......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
100-200 isn't that bad, I was figuring more like 4 or 5. Or was that quote assuming I would do the prep work? I really can't afford to have the car out of commision that long since it is my daily driver. I'm sure it's possible to drive without the dash pieces in, but I don't want to really do that. I like the painted look over carbon fiber though.

Nismo,
Did you sand all of the pieces smooth or just the center dash? Looks great!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the sanding takes awhile unless you have a power sander. 100-200 is a pretty accurate estimate on the paint cost.

you could always buy an extra console, then sell yours after you get it painted they are hot items these days

·
Registered
131 Posts
I paid my buddy $500 because he helped me sand alot of it and that also covered paint costs and some money for him to pocket for painting it for me since I don't know how to paint or have any of the stuff to paint. I sanded EVERYTHING down smooth....I am going to strip out everything in the rear hatch and start on that sometime soon so it will be the same as the front. I think it was well worth the money and everyone who has seen it has complimented me on it so that makes me happy about doing it.

As far as sanding everything, we used power sanders as much as we could but we did alot by hand because there are alot of little pieces that a power sander wouldn't fit into and all the edges and corners needed smoothed out too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts