Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 350Z enthusiast roadster, and the front pocket/door where the nav screen would go is pretty convient for some of the random crap I tote around.

In addition, the faceplate/controls for my MP3 player is mounted in there, and it's annoying to have to take it with me all the time. It's a stock stereo so when the door is closed you wouldn't even suspect there's something neat in there.

What I'd love to have is a means of locking the door. Even neater on the gizmo scale would be an electronic lock that means the car has to be started/on to open the door. And third times the charm: all internally mounted so, again, when closed it looks perfectly stock.

Anyone know of anything like a lock or locking door for the center console, or have any ideas on how I might craft one? (I was thinking of a solenoid/piston mounted inside the door... need to find how small a solenoid I can get.)

TIA

Dane

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
if you can find a lexus tech manual on line they have exactly what you are looking for. the lexus has a key or electronic lock that link to all the interior storage spaces, this way the valet or someone that breaks in would have to go thru a second secuirty barrier to get at the stereo...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts