Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I spoke with Dave at AAM he suggested that they were fabricating a semi-circle tube off of the test pipe for the o2 sensors to "trick" the sensors. Essentially, the air flowing through this tube would somehow be cleaner and thus the CEL wouldn't trip.

We'll see...

·
Registered
728 Posts
i have not been successful in getting the CEL to stay off

I am convinced you have a damaged sensor(s) if you properly installed the nonfoulers and they didn't work. Please post what code your car is throwing.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I am convinced you have a damaged sensor(s) if you properly installed the nonfoulers and they didn't work. Please post what code your car is throwing.
I dont have a code reader

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool... Have a buddy that knows of a way to make one as well. Uses it on his Evo and several DSMs he has. Just getting my research done now since the APS test pipes are on back order till the end of the month.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I dont have a code reader
first off, you have no idea if this fixed worked or not. It very well could have and you are throwing some other code - you don't know untill you get the exact code pulled.

Second off, you know where autozone is correct? Take a drive down there and have them pull the code. Obviously something is going on that is throwing the code. You just assume it is due to the test pipes and ignore it. That's fine, if you know for sure that that is the reason for the code

3rd, I think any and every car enthusiast should own a code reader. If you are willing to change out things like cats and pulleys, intakes, etc, you are potentially going to get a SES light. Not having one and just resetting the ECU everytime one appears is just ignorant.

All that ranting aside, it is your car and your money. I just know I would hate looking at a SES light on my car.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do a search on Yahoo. I found a lot of info about them there.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Snap-On makes a really good universal one, but it costs around $1K. I suppose you could start charging others to read their codes to help subsidise the costs tho.. lol

·
Registered
728 Posts
Do a search on Yahoo. I found a lot of info about them there.
I run
PocketLogger on my car - I bought it yrs ago. It ended up being nice since they put out a verson that works with the zeitronix unit

Lots of people run Digimoto

If I was to buy one now (factoring in that I have a lap top) I would spring for the Cipher setup

·
Registered
295 Posts
Won't the anti-foulers affect the ECU's ability to adjust a/f ratio properly?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ckecker Auto sells this unit called "Actron". I use it in my shop for quick reads when people are worried about there light. It was only around $300 and it gives me enough info to tell people if they need to go to a heavy line shop or not. I run a Tire, Wheel and Suspension shop, no engine work. I useded it on my 06 and it worked fine. CEL came on after I put the intake on. (forgot to plug in the MAF sensor... :doh: )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts