Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have these on and if so what brand? Do you notice a big difference in the power that they claim to give? I know toykilla has them and rode in his car, but it has that tinging noise to it which i dont care for. What about high flow cats?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have the RT Hi-Flow Cats, and they are great!! No Rasp at all, In fact they lowerd the tone of my Borla. I did not Do a Dyno for just the Cats so I'm not sure about true power, but the Z feels like it Breathes better, revs more Freely, and the VDC kicks in more offen now.

·
Registered
587 Posts
From my350z.com

Here is the flow rate chart for TechnoSquare's testing of the three different Cat Pipes available so far.. your Stock Cats, the most popular RT Cat, and for general comparison, a custom mandrel bent test pipes that were made for my car-

Testing was done in 20cm H20
the numbers are 1 = close throttle and 6 being WOT.

clearly the straight pipes are highest flowing. but RT cats are carb legal (right?) well anything is better than stock cats...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have the RT hi-flow cats too. The butt dyno says they add at least a little power. The sound, combined with the Borla exhaust, is great. I also paid $500 at Performance Nissan in Duarte, Calif., and they installed them for me (don't remember what the labor charge was, but fairly cheap).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyboyd here have the Ultimate Racing cats? Adam over @ Z1 is probably one of the most knowledgable people on the forums and he swears by them. I'm thinkin I'm gonna go Kinetix if they'll offer a HF Cats + Plenum deal

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi flow cats sound nice, i was looking into those!! and if i could afford the plenum i would get it!!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually i cant tell a difference if i lost or gained gas mileage, but overall i would definitely recommend getting them

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have the R/T's also. I did notice some difference in power, but I also had the UR pulley installed at the same time. Although a little raspy at WOT, they still add a very nice sound to the car. I paid $300 for them from someone who had taken them off after 700 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts