Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to improve the interior - has anyone "improved" it - maybe with a carbon fibre kit? The standard interor just looks so dull. Must be a way to improve the appearance.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
yes, many ppl have added CF accents to the interior, I have sitting in my *kitchen* for lack of a better place, some cf inserts for the door handle barrels. Check out elegantwooddesign.com although they are in the states, they have a CF kit for the center console. Don't know if they could ship to OZ but at least you can get an idea of what it would look like. They also do difft colors CF, blue, red, orange, etc. I know there are several difft mfgs that make them, I just know this one from personal experience. The stuff that i got from them is quality CF. :thumbsup: Take it from the resident CF junkie! *hello my name is jinxxycat and I am a CF addict*

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that but could not access the site - it keeps saying my Flash is not up to date but it is.....I think there is some sort of Active X cookie monitoring my system won't allow access to.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Can't say that I am a fan of CF. But if done right it should enhance the zed interior. I wish we had more interior colour choices than currently, maybe like the BMW interior choices.
Ah well, just have to enjoy the exterior.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK after looking at a lot of sites - my shopping list will include any geninue CF parts - ie gear knob, hand brake etc. The jury is still out on stick on bits. The latest Porshe has bits like that - I saw one recently and it looked very cool indeed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You could also try this place for some "accents" http://www.bluebatmobile.com/ Whilst they are vinyl overlays I've seen enough examples of them installed and they look quite good

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well I was VERY wary of the "stick on stuff" and didn't purchase any for a long time, since then I got a carbon fiber oem front spoiler cover and Varis B-Pillar covers in CF. Both pieces are really nice pieces and I don't regret putting them on. They are adhered w/ the red 3M tape that is generally used to put body kits on. Paired w/ an adhesive excelerator, they are on for good. Also check out evo-r.net that is where I got my lip cover and the engine cover from.

You can see pics of the b-pillars and the lip cover in my garage here....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The problem I'm running into is that I do not want CF overlays. ie, take the stock A pillar and wrap it in CF. I love the look of CF, but I do not want to add weight to my car. I'm not a racer, but I just can't bring myself to do it. It goes against the "function before form" montra.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I know, but if I get the B pillars, A Pillars, door trim, center console, mirror surrounds, gauge pods, engine cover, battery cover, rear strut bar cover, etc. it starts adding up. If I decide to do it, I'd prob get a lot of stuff. Besides, even though I know it really doesn't matter, if I added weight just for the looks of, it would bug the **** out me until I got so frustrated that I'd just take it off anyway.

I'm kinda quirky like that sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts