Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used that carbon fiber kit for the dash? I was not sure how it would look or how well it stays on since it is taped on. Thoughts?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Most comments on this will be from,guys that have never seen a CF dash kit installed
or,"heard" negatives because the material uses 3-m backed adhesive.
I've had a CF dash kit in my Z for over 3 years.It looks as good now as when I
first installed it.Of course with any product,there is good and bad.I purchase mine through CARID.The quality and fit is great.Keep in mind that this type of kit only covers flat or areas with small curves.To complete an interior with CF,you may need some molded parts as I did.Remember,to install correctly,all surfaces must be clean.
Use of a hair dryer to heat the adhesive is also a good idea.You can install a kit yourself as I did.However,another helper to remove the adhesive backing can be helpful.Its a fun project.Photos do not do justice to the Cf material.
I'd be glad to give you nore info/photos.PM me.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've seen some Z's with very tasteful CF inside the car. I think it can look great if you do it just right. In fact, I've started messing around with CF on the exterior, and I hope to do a little bit on the interior.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I was thinking of doing the A pillars on the inside next. I've seen it in a friend's 370, and it looks amazing. Very subtle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Smooth:==looks great.Suggest adding CF MIRROR COVERS&MIRROR BASE COVERS.
Really pulls your B Pillar covers together.Doing A pillars inside?Don't no if they are still
available for the 350.If so,the driver's side would be with gauge pods.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've thought about doing the door handles with CF. Mirrors would be cool, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts