Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few times this has happened to me. After unlocking the Z with the FOB and trying to start the car, it only turns over and almost without any compression. I was able to lock and unlock the Z with the FOB and woohoo it starts. Now this is starting to happen more often than I would like.

Anyone else run into this problem?

No aftermarket alarm system or stereos. No electrical mods at all. I understand that the Z's secuirty system is suppose to disable the satrting of the engine if you don't open the door after a certain amount of time after pressing the unlock button on the FOB but what going on with my situation?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the ECU have anything to do with the security system? I am way out of warranty.
This has happened to me more than once (like 6 times) but its always intermittant so I can't see it being the battery. Swapping out the battery is an idea but since this is intermittant it might be 6 months before it happens again. I could be replacing the battery for ever.

Anyone know anything about the factory security system?

When I say it turns over it's like it wants to start but the engine just spins

Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
That is very wierd. I haven't heard of the problem before, I'd take it in to the dealership if it's still under warranty....here is the page from your owners manual (assuming all years are the same, this is from the 03 manual, other years can be found in pdf format here at the bottom of the page) Hope that helped....

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, good call Jinxxy - this is what I was talking about except that I was identifying the FOB not the chip in the key itself.

When I got to my car after work last night it did it again. This time I did as the write up stated. When the car didn't start I simply left the key in the ON position for 5 seconds, turned it off for 10 and then started it right up. I didn't bother with the repeat steps 1&2 part but I would have if it didn't start up right away.

This might be something to archive for future reference.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, last night there was a toyota suv parked really close to my car and possibly its security system caused some interference but I can't explain why it happened when I am in my driveway and no other vehicles are around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.