Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good car washes in sydney where I can go and do hand wash and full detail (as in clay, polish and wax) myself? I know of the Carlovers car wash, but as far as I know it's automatic. I want to be able to do full detail since for the past two weeks while I'm looking for a new place to stay my car has been parked right next to the monorail and it has been covered by all sorts of crap daily.

Any help is welcome since I need to get the car nice and clean by sunday since I've to attend a wedding and the car has to be clean and shiny.

·
Registered
303 Posts
lol..you can use my yard! :p

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I used Carlovers on the weekend, bringing my own materials.

Carlovers allows you to hand-wash or put it through their brushless automatic system (the Laser carwash).

The only problem is that they feel the need to add their own cleaners and chemicals to whatever comes out of the pressure washer, whereas I'd prefer to use the Meguiars stuff I bought.

They also don't provide any taps for me to fill a bucket and wash with my own chemicals.

Still, it wasn't a bad effort and having access to a pressure washer and that much free space means I'd probably use them again.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zuffy, I think I might have to take you up on the offer if I run out of options, but at the moment I wouldn't mind finding a car wash because of pressure washers to wash the wheels.

Scathing, which one did you use? The one I've seen in chatswood didn't seem to have any facility to handwash my car, only the laser wash.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The Chatswood one is bullshit. That's a pure laser wash. Its brushless so its not too bad, but its only useful for a quick "spit and polish" kind of wash if your car's already mostly clean and you just want it touched up before you go somewhere.

The one up at Turramurra has facilities for both (and if you're a sneaky git like me you can wander two shops down in the back street and use someone else's tap to fill your bucket).

I hand washed my car at the Brookvale one with a friend on Sunday. They've taken the tops off the taps at that location, so it might be in your best interests to bring a socket set ;)

My other recommendation is to go very late at night. The places are usually busy as, and as much as you think you won't get peer pressured into hurrying when you're washing your baby, seeing a massive line build up always works its magic on you. I washed my car at 10PM on a Sunday and people still had to queue.....

Of course, washing your car at night means you can chamois dry it and polish it out of the Sun, which is always a good thing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip about the socket set. Besides, I don't need any more then 2-3 buckets of water when I wash my car. The trick is to have 2 buckets one with the car shampoo and a second bucket for rinsing the wool mitt.

·
Registered
303 Posts
lol..Nuff you're just a 1337 car wash guy!

I use up half Warragamba dam... :-/ j/king

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

Well, considering that my woman is away overseas I've all the time in the world to myself. Just as well I can optomise my bucket usage with all this time to waste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts