Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got my car back from the service

i was quite blown away when they didnt wash the car.......phew i was thinking, i got away with no problems

but as i drive off i go to turn my lights on and the rotary dial feels weird, it no longer feels smooth to turn through off to on, its like there is something rough gripping it as u turn it.......****. Was playing around with it and it looks like the rotary knob has detached slightly from the base of the stalk, as u can push it inwards and outwards now

i got one of the service guys to check it, and seeing how rough he was turning it on and off confirmed my belief they definitely did it. Anyway theyve agreed to pay for the labour to replace, but im thinking gees should i even bother getting them to take the steeringwheel off, just more opportunity for things to go wrong

so now im thinking of buying the part and having my local mechanic fit the part

going to go through the service manual now and see whether the wheel needs to come off

theres always something :banghead:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
sometimes dealer is a problem. But depend on which dealer you go though. I mean i had one replace the Window and they broke the side mirror control button. But they did told me at the service, but they didn't said they damaged it.

Yet they willing to replace them for me.

Sam just get the car service at your Local mechanic. If only changing oil and don't mind get your hand dirty. Do it yourself.

Service is mainly changing the Oil, Oil Filter, Water on Battery. that's pretty much it

or your Intake Filter (which you have K&N already). and your Tyre pressure.

if your car got something wrong like i mean Major, then take it to dealer.

Sorry to hear your problem mate.

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is frustrating isn't it when other people don't take care of nor respect your possessions. I hope that it's fixed soon.

Regards
Matt

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked out the service manual and built up the courage to tackle the problem myself

i removed the panel under the steering column and removed the indicator stalk after a fair bit of fiddling

dismantled it and put it back together and it seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed it stays this way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts