Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

So here’s my situation, my car (2005 DE, 152,069 km,Popcharger intake, muffler delete ) went in to get a new clutch that was apparently stage 2
got the car back was running fine, hour or two later car was misfiring bad and sounded like a muscle car, took it back got the car back the next day ran fine hour later it misfired and was running the same as the previous day. Keep in mind there were no codes at all (however there were codes P0328 and P1564 stored as I have yet to fix them) it only ran like this once the car was warm. I then figured maybe the MAF was just dirty hoping that it would be that and not something serious, took it out and cleaned it, car was fine. Two days later I drove the car and once it was warmed up it started misfiring again and again sounded like a muscle car, but then it went away 2 minutes later, however was misfiring abit after. What really made me come here and post is, a day or two ago I raced my buddies e46 330i (keep in mind only mods he has is intake and muffler delete and decat no tune) and I lost every single time, the second last race we were dead even, and the last race he pulled on me hard and I lost, he himself said somethings wrong with the car, and our buddy who was with him aswell, who I previously raced while on oem clutch and pulled on him by 2 cars (keep in mind they both have the same amount of power and raced a day before meaning if I had to run him again I’d lose) a 225bhp car vs a 287bhp car, so please can someone give it to me straight because I’m going crazy here, what could my issue be
I know DEs are slow but come on I should’ve pulled on him easy
Could this be because of a bad knock sensor?coils? Spark plugs? Idk what’s going on
please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one of the things low compression can cause, consider servicing the engine.

Update:

I took the car to Nissan they inspected it and came back and told me the car is 100% fine however there is a software issue, they said they were unable to get into the cars software and tried to restore the ecu to factory settings and it would kick them out of the software… So I’m still at square one.
Could this be a bad tune? Maybe the car is running on a fail safe tune and it’s restricting it’s power?
Also I forgot to mention when I bought the car the previous owner said it had some performance chip installed so maybe that chip is causing an interference with the ecu and forcing it to run on a fail safe tune? Please help guys

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
There is no performance chip available for the Z33, so you can rule that out as a cause. If the ECM was inspected by a Nissan dealership, they should've been able to determine if the ECM is defective or not. Do you know if they used a CONSULT 3 unit to reflash the ECM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest they were quite vague, like I said in my previous post all they said was “ it’s a software issue, we couldn’t access the cars software and change anything it kept kicking us out” and that’s about it, they told me I’d have to get the person who messed with the software to look at it, they basically just took my money and said go somewhere else lol. Also when you referring to who flashed the ecm, I’m not really certain what you mean but if you asking if the tuner used consult 3 then I’m not sure the car came with a tune when I got it. Do you think I could just get someone to reflash the ecm and restore the stock base map? Or what could I do to resolve this

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
Consult 3 units are usually $15-18k, so only Nissan dealerships will invest in them. Where are you located and which dealership did you go to? Call them back and get confirmation of what they used since you PAID for the diagnostic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Consult 3 units are usually $15-18k, so only Nissan dealerships will invest in them. Where are you located and which dealership did you go to? Call them back and get confirmation of what they used since you PAID for the diagnostic.
When they spoke to me they said they “didn’t have the sophisticated technology to change anything” so they probably didn’t have consult 3 units
I’m based in South Africa

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
Have you considered taking it to another Nissan dealer in your area? Call them to see if they have a CONSULT 3 available before you go. Otherwise, you can research UpRev or other technology that can reflash your ECM.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is no performance chip available for the Z33, so you can rule that out as a cause. If the ECM was inspected by a Nissan dealership, they should've been able to determine if the ECM is defective or not. Do you know if they used a CONSULT 3 unit to reflash the ECM?
Was OK to chime in until “I know DEs are slow but….” Another one into the Kool-Aid. 😆

1 - 11 of 11 Posts