Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the Z forum, but it gets more hits, please don't move.

Well, ok so I went and bought some fireworks on Sunday by Arundle Mills, had to drive through a dirt parking lot(not fast) to leave and I pulled up to a light. I was on a slight decline(nose of car sloped down) and all of a sudden the car starts to idle very bad and stalls out. I try and restart it and it won't start......it finally starts and the car is knocking very loud and barley accelerates. This is after two attempts to start and horns blowing at me.....so I limp it to a parking spot and try and start again...same thing sputter and knocks......no check engine light........it dies again and then after trying to start it a 5th time it starts sputers real quick them runs fine. Still no cel's, but now the car runs fine. I do notice that the car idles very low some times.....I'm confused...any suggestions? As for parts, just an intake and spacer. Exhaust should be ordered, but I don't have that on yet.

My thoughts, water in the gas?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jul 5 2005, 03:10 PM
Which intake?  I have heard some people experiencing stalling w/ the pop charger....
[snapback]126758[/snapback]​

Never! I have the JWT without any problems.

I think you might have bad gas in the lines. I normally don't condone the use of additives, but you might have to buy some gas stabilizer or high end additive to clean your injectors out. Also take it to the dealer and see about a new fuel filter.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Jul 5 2005, 03:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat
@Jul 5 2005, 03:10 PM
Which intake?  I have heard some people experiencing stalling w/ the pop charger....

I think you might have bad gas in the lines. I normally don't condone the use of additives, but you might have to buy some gas stabilizer or high end additive to clean your injectors out. Also take it to the dealer and see about a new fuel filter.
[snapback]126792[/snapback]​

I think it was Dave079 and a few other people experiencing this power loss/stalling problem.........something about taking a corner too tight or something and then it would stall...........

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jul 5 2005, 03:50 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 03:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

I think it was Dave079 and a few other people experiencing this power loss/stalling problem.........something about taking a corner too tight or something and then it would stall...........
[snapback]126793[/snapback]​

that would have been the oil starvation issue in relation to hard stopping or cornering. or they had dirty filters or water in the system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Jul 5 2005, 01:54 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 03:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

that would have been the oil starvation issue in relation to hard stopping or cornering. or they had dirty filters or water in the system.
[snapback]126797[/snapback]​

I have the Nismo Intake....no problems at all with it before, and it was happening at a dead stop not during acceleration.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Might be a loose connection or burnt wire somewhere then. Check the install and look for burnt wires. Or check all your vacuum lines, as many as possible anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jul 5 2005, 02:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

Hey Jinxxy do you have a link to that post with the problem Dave and others. I posted an issue a while back about my car going into safe mode and want to reasearch that to see if it might be a possibility. Thanks a bunch :bow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I dumped a bottle of Water disolver into the gas tank to get rid of possible water in the tank. we shall see....if all else fails I will remove the plenum spacer and take it to the dealer....I don't believe the problem is with the intake because that has been on for a few months now withg no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts