Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, punchin it in 3rd gear, about to hit stock redline i shift to fourth slowly :shiftdrive: , letting out the clutch slowly with 10% gas, the engine suddenly shoots up to just over 8000 RPM. So then i throw it back into neutral because this didnt seem right at all. The engine sounded like a wooshing of some sort, it was fairly loud. Maybe like really loud, violent, and long blow-off valve. Do You Guys have any idea why whis would happen? especially with the stock ECU, its got me puzzled. Oh, and there was another time, maybe about a month ago, that i somehow hit 7000 RPM while driving fast.

-Note: '05 Base

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you have the clutch in it will go in smooth but when you let the clutch out with the throttle at only 10% it is going to cause the engine RPM to jump radically and for the car to decelerate rapidly along with one **** of a lot of noise. As soon as you push the clutch back in the RPM would drop immediately. It is basicly the same as downshifting for a corner but in this case you did not blip the throttle to match motor revs with wheel speed. Engine braking like this and pushing your motor to 8000RPM is going to break something very expensive.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the clutch in it will go in smooth but when you let the clutch out with the throttle at only 10% it is going to cause the engine RPM to jump radically and for the car to decelerate rapidly along with one **** of a lot of noise. As soon as you push the clutch back in the RPM would drop immediately. It is basicly the same as downshifting for a corner but in this case you did not blip the throttle to match motor revs with wheel speed. Engine braking like this and pushing your motor to 8000RPM is going to break something very expensive.

mhh....still under warrenty(thank god)

i dont think i broke anything,thanks for the help, the thing is, shouldn't it have grinded or something? thats why i said it went in smoothly, or at least hit the rev limiter and bouce off, causing the grinding, oh well, i think the VQ can handle one trip to the 8000 rpm line,thanks alot

·
Registered
21 Posts
mhh....still under warrenty(thank god)

i dont think i broke anything,thanks for the help, the thing is, shouldn't it have grinded or something? thats why i said it went in smoothly, or at least hit the rev limiter and bouce off, causing the grinding, oh well, i think the VQ can handle one trip to the 8000 rpm line,thanks alot
Unless you had the rev limiter raised it shouldn't go above 6600rpm

·
Registered
23 Posts
You may not be able to run it up past 6600 with the throttle but if you downshift into a lower gear and let out the clutch the motor is going to spin as fast as the wheels make it spin. So if you are going from third at redline into fourth and hit second instead the motor is going to spin at around 7500-8000 RPM until the car slows down enough to drop it below 6600 RPM.

Unfortuantely that is a sure way to by pass an electronic or gas cut-off rev limiter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts