Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the Melbourne Z owners have any recommendations re installers of aftermarket car hifi in Melbourne (preferably eastern suburbs) ? My Z is about to get an upgrade.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
gl pro audio in essendon did my install

took them 5 weeks all up and did an awesome job.......and they're still offering support after purchase

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...t=0#entry158931

check out the thread, ive reattached the pics, but ill be removing the pics again in a few days

what do u want to have done exactly?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gl pro audio in essendon did my install

took them 5 weeks all up and did an awesome job.......and they're still offering support after purchase

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...t=0#entry158931

check out the thread, ive reattached the pics, but ill be removing the pics again in a few days

what do u want to have done exactly?
My install wont be as fancy as yours dude! Did they have your car for 5 weeks?

Basically what I'm after is my Kenwood DDX7045 installed with a TV tuner / Ipod / CD stacker and the stock Bose speakers / amp junked and upgraded. Ideally I want the new sub in the stock position so I dont lose any space for my golf clubs! The key issue for me is the quality / timeliness of the job and the ability to remove all the gear in future and return it to stock when it's time to get update the Z.

Unfortunately the more installers I talk to the more I realise most of them dont know much about Z's and the Bose setup.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I heard and seen someone put the Infiniti Basslink II in the Stock location sub.

Why don't you try install the head unit yourself too?

It change the quality dramatically too. plus i did myself which i'm quite impress with myself lol.

here is mine with Sony WX-7700

[attachmentid=11965]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yun,

When did you install that one? When you came visit me at my office last week, I didn't see that pretty double dins in your car... and it surely looks nice!!!

cheers,

richard

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard and seen someone put the Infiniti Basslink II in the Stock location sub.

Why don't you try install the head unit yourself too?

It change the quality dramatically too. plus i did myself which i'm quite impress with myself lol.

here is mine with Sony WX-7700

[attachmentid=11965]
I'm seriously thinking about doing it myself. After all, I did a nice install of a Sansui head unit over twenty years ago on a 1970 Hillman Hunter!

The only thing that concerns me a bit is finding the correct wires in the harness to "hack" into. After all, the Z is worth more than my $500 Hillman!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You can go to JB hifi get the wiring harshness (Nissan 1995+)cost $20 and they all colour coded to the Aftermarket Headunit wire. So it's piss easy ;)

Sam the FM is perfect. No problem at all as mine is the AUS version. I bought the Nissan faceplate from Japan. Although it doesn't really suit my head unit 100% :(

I don't splice into the OEM wiring, just bought the Converter wiring harshness.

Cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can go to JB hifi get the wiring harshness (Nissan 1995+)cost $20 and they all colour coded to the Aftermarket Headunit wire. So it's piss easy ;)

Sam the FM is perfect. No problem at all as mine is the AUS version. I bought the Nissan faceplate from Japan. Although it doesn't really suit my head unit 100% :(

I don't splice into the OEM wiring, just bought the Converter wiring harshness.

Cheers
Thanks - if all I need is a Nissan wiring harness converter then I'm set to go.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Also it depend whether you getting another Double din head unit or Single as well.

The single one you need a aftermarket bracket i think, for my Double din i just use 350Z's own bracket.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also it depend whether you getting another Double din head unit or Single as well.

The single one you need a aftermarket bracket i think, for my Double din i just use 350Z's own bracket.
It's a double DIN but the Kenwood comes with the bracket and a couple of trim pieces as well.

Just as a matter of interest, what type of speakers / amps do you have / recommend?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
mine is stock atm. Tpiace is running mostly JBL and some MB quartz with JBL amps.

It's really depend on your ears (which i get alot advice from other expert lol) Also depend on the Budget as well too.

Such as you prefer SQ or SPL, etc.

If Weight matters you, i think Eclipse has the Lightest Aftermarket speakers. So far i have put on Focal on my dads car and as well soundstream on my everyday car. I put everything in my Budget cost so nothing fancy. Heard my friends MB quartz and i quiet like it.

So it's more depend on your choice. Try and go to GL prosound, they sold me the Focal for my dad's car.

Cheers
Yun

PS. Also you got the Headunit already? If so try install that yourself first and see whether it's enough for you. If not you can go to GL Prosound and upgrade the speakers and amps ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts