Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my car got hit about three weeks ago. This "biatch" clipped my 04 350Z on the back passenger tire pretty hard. She hit the rim and then it hit the rear bumper. The rim was replaced and so was all the parts that hold the wheel, Nissan did not replace the brake for that wheel! Of course, new bumper and new side pannel, new light as well.
The problem now is that when I drive the car now and the Vehicle Dinamics Control kicks in it is so "harsh" sounds like "tra.tra.tra.tra" very quickly. Like if it's not smooth at all... I'm not sure if it's only the back break that is doing it but I believe the front left one did it too... Not entirely sure.
Last night i was going 60 and doing a slight 15' turn or so, not even accelerating and it kicked in doing the loud noice... It kind of sounds like those strips they have on the side of the road that you hit and wake you up. "tra tra tra tra" really quickly. It's obviously the breaks going into ABS, but so ubruptly it's not pretty!!!
I'm going to take the vehicle down to Nissan again (they "fixed" it) , since they also messed up the paint of the rear bumper while painting it. I'm not extremely happy about the whole thing as you could see, but what can you do!
Anybody have a clue what the problem might be? Maybe the rear break pad is bent therefore when the ABS kicks in it messes it up???

Thanks!!! I'll post pictures later since I'm not at my house. They aren't very pretty though.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Keep us posted. It sounds like you've got a handle on the problem. At least you didn't have to drive a tech around to "recreate the condition".

GL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep us posted. It sounds like you've got a handle on the problem. At least you didn't have to drive a tech around to "recreate the condition".

GL
I think that is what I'll be doing first thing on Monday most likely... :xZ!o:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I towed with a Toyota FJ cruiser up until a couple of months ago. My rig is a open Dively trailer, towing my Miata, tires and my car has been there for over a week so i come back and they said we looked at every possible place to see where that squeaking noise was also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, my car got hit about three weeks ago. This "biatch" clipped my 04 350Z on the back passenger tire pretty hard. She hit the rim and then it hit the rear bumper. The rim was replaced and so was all the parts that hold the wheel, Nissan did not replace the brake for that wheel! Of course, new bumper and new side pannel, new light as well.
The problem now is that when I drive the car now and the Vehicle Dinamics Control kicks in it is so "harsh" sounds like "tra.tra.tra.tra" very quickly. Like if it's not smooth at all... I'm not sure if it's only the back break that is doing it but I believe the front left one did it too... Not entirely sure.
Last night i was going 60 and doing a slight 15' turn or so, not even accelerating and it kicked in doing the loud noice... It kind of sounds like those strips they have on the side of the road that you hit and wake you up. "tra tra tra tra" really quickly. It's obviously the breaks going into ABS, but so ubruptly it's not pretty!!!
I'm going to take the vehicle down to Nissan again (they "fixed" it) , since they also messed up the paint of the rear bumper while painting it. I'm not extremely happy about the whole thing as you could see, but what can you do!
Anybody have a clue what the problem might be? Maybe the rear break pad is bent therefore when the ABS kicks in it messes it up???

Thanks!!! I'll post pictures later since I'm not at my house. They aren't very pretty though.
My rig is a open Dively trailer, towing my Miata, tires, etc. ... in...a dolly for the rear car wheels to sit in...and a tow bar to the car.
Last night i was going 60

and doing a slight 15' turn or so, not even accelerating and it kicked in doing the loud noice... It kind of sounds like those strips they have on the side of the road that you hit and wake you up. "tra tra tra tra" really quickly. It's obviously the breaks going into ABS, but so ubruptly it's not pretty!!!

My rig is a open Dively trailer, towing my Miata, tires, etc. ... in...a dolly for the rear car wheels to sit in...and a tow bar to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts