Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one use car covers? my dad mentioned that i should invest in a good one but i dont know much about them, i know i had a bra on my old saturn and that ate up the paint and im not sure if a cover would do the same.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I got my car cover as a gift. My MIL bought it from Sam's Club or Costco, and it fits the car very well. I use it during the winter. I'm not a fan of bra or bumper covers for the Z, though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
how much do one of these cost? I'm probably going to look for one too, the weather where I'm at has gotten really ugly!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I have two, a summer one for everyday and one for winter. Both are Covercraft covers. I got them both from autoanything.com They price match any other site.

Summer cover is Covercraft Ultratect

Winter cover is Covercraft Weathersheild HD

You have to make sure that you are putting the cover on clean paint, you can't just throw it on there after it's all grimy and stuff and expect your paint to be scratch free. I have been using one for 6 of the 7 years I've owned my Z and I'm very happy. Of course I don't drive her every day, only in good weather, and she doesn't get driven in the winter, hence the need for a heavy duty winter cover. I paid between $300 and $400 for each. Worth the money if you are going to be using them often. If your Z is garage kept then you can get away with a very lightweight cheap cover to keep the dust off, but if it's an outdoor car (we have no garage) it's worth it to invest in a nice cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a car bra on my vehicle, and thought it may look to be pretty rough, it protects my car from all the things that it may harm it. The vehicle also looks slicky when I clean it, though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pep Boys has a decent cover for around $60.00 it is water proof so you can use it inside and out. I have used it on my roadster over the winter for the last few years, fits good, no damage to the cars paint, light and has held up well. Coverite Tybond Car Cover size 'C', the cars are listed on the box that the cover will fit. http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8964186/00363/accessories/car_covers/car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts