Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I go to school in Indiana and drove my Z over from Nevada. I went from having to worry about too much sun to having to worry about rain and snow (although snow isnt as big a factor). Are there any recommendations for car covers for the Z? Is one better than the rest? I have a budget of about $150. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Some online stores that specialize in Z cars and other imports sell car covers for the Z. You can also check out the classifieds to see if anyone is selling theirs.

I just got one for my birthday that was bought at Sam's Club. The box lists all the cars it can cover, but the 350 is not on there. I assume that it is a generic cover and was manufactured before the new Z came out.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I have two, the one that Nissan sells, for the summer, and a heavy duty covercraft cover for winter storage. Baby has to sit outside all winter so she gets the HD treatment. I think both went for around $200 new, the nissan one I bought used.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by escobar@Sep 18 2005, 10:31 PM
I bought a cover for my Z, I got the stillen one. It fits great. It was $95.
[snapback]156200[/snapback]​

Where did you buy the Stillen cover? Does it work well if left outside? I need to cover my Z while it sits outside in my apartment complex's lot during the winter...let me know where the available web sites are if anyone knows.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by KShep@Sep 20 2005, 08:31 AM
NOAH and Weathershield covers work very well for vehicles stored outside.  Here is a link...you can find them cheaper than from this vendor though.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2500
[snapback]156618[/snapback]​

The site I linked above price matches any other website. Autoanything.com :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Got my Roadster cover (halfcover) from California car Cover Company. It covers the cockpit portion and windshield. They've got several grades, depending on what environment your Z is going to be exposed to. They've also got car care products and neat stuff for the garage.

I'll probably be getting a full cover soon. Less chance of dings in my garage and on the rare occasion LadyZ goes to work with me.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by KShep@Sep 20 2005, 06:31 AM

NOAH and Weathershield covers work very well for vehicles stored outside.  Here is a link...you can find them cheaper than from this vendor though.

KShep,

Which car cover do you use? Since your car is more like mine than most I have seen, us Chrome Silver Z owners have to collaborate! Let me know.... I found a few sites with good covers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Specify Coupe car cover for the 350Z because they also have one for the ZR...try...www.carcoverdirect.com LOL or call 1-866-818-9901 for quick results!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the one sold through Nissan. It was around $200 I think, nice but a little expensive. I seen a few covers on ebay as well as on stillen's website.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by QuickSilverZ+Sep 25 2005, 04:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-KShep
@Sep 20 2005, 06:31 AM

NOAH and Weathershield covers work very well for vehicles stored outside. Here is a link...you can find them cheaper than from this vendor though.

KShep,

Which car cover do you use? Since your car is more like mine than most I have seen, us Chrome Silver Z owners have to collaborate! Let me know.... I found a few sites with good covers.
[snapback]158008[/snapback]​

I use the 82410...my Z is garaged. The fit is perfect.

For ourdoors I would get the Weathershield or NOAH.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use the 82410...my Z is garaged. The fit is perfect.

For ourdoors I would get the Weathershield or NOAH.
[snapback]158487[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think I am going to go with the Wolf Covers "Noah" Model. It seems to be the best for all around weather, which is what I am looking for. I found it for a total of $175 shipped. The lock is included with that.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I shrink-wrap mine every night. :rolf2:

Sorry - I had to.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts