Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are made of 100% fiberglass molded to fit the rear space between the strut bar and rear speakers.I still will have a trunk space!!I am gonna try my hand at carbon fiber and use it to cover them..Sould I use standard carbon fiber or Orange CF to match my car??Or kevlar maybe??

Oh ps please dont ask me to make them for you..LOL not to sound like a dick but I wouldnt make another set of these if Jesus himself called me and asked for them..It was a 6 day PITA!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
I think the orange CF would look kinda of crazy but kool a ****, definitely would be different. very nice work daking!! i saw you got kinda of fiberglass crazy last week with that first box you built
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,911 Posts
Lookin good Julian. I can't say I've ever see orange CF, but I'm generally not of a fan of colored CF. My Si has some blue CF in it and I think it looks like sh!t (I gotta remove it one of these days). So my vote is regular CF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 350z@Jul 27 2004, 08:05 PM
I think the orange CF would look kinda of crazy but kool a ****, definitely would be different.  very nice work daking!!  i saw you got kinda of fiberglass crazy last week with that first box you built

Yeah I originally glassed the whole rear in one piece but I had to cut it to get it out..So I made two smaller boxes and an amp rack..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Jul 27 2004, 07:58 PM
Oh ps please dont ask me to make them for you..LOL not to sound like a dick but I wouldnt make another set of these if Jesus himself called me and asked for them..It was a 6 day PITA!!

To quote Julian and post a picture to prove his point, its a messy job and a big pain in the ass. But, don't let his experience hold anyone else back from doing something like this yourself..
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Jul 27 2004, 07:58 PM
They are made of 100% fiberglass molded to fit the rear space between the strut bar and rear speakers.I still will have a trunk space!!I am gonna try my hand at carbon fiber and use it to cover them..Sould I use standard carbon fiber or Orange CF to match my car??Or kevlar maybe??

Oh ps please dont ask me to make them for you..LOL not to sound like a dick but I wouldnt make another set of these if Jesus himself called me and asked for them..It was a 6 day PITA!!

My son, I just may want a set of those to pimp my ride.... my 12 brethren may want some too. If you don't make, I will put you in a locked room with Britney spears music for all of eternity



Jesus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jul 27 2004, 08:08 PM
Lookin good Julian.  I can't say I've ever see orange CF, but I'm generally not of a fan of colored CF.  My Si has some blue CF in it and I think it looks like sh!t (I gotta remove it one of these days).  So my vote is regular CF.

Yeah I dont like that carbon fiber look either. to me it classier/cleaner to paint the body color on any interior parts. Since none of the cars have exterior paint on the inside, its cool to bring some of the car color into the car....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well after several weeks of work and many four sylable curse words being said, here is what I have so far. I went ahead and molded a cover to go over the amp rack for the 1000/1..All this will be covered in CF since its my theme on my car..
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There will be a seperate amp box for the jl 400/4 and the capacitor and distibution block , under the rear of the strut bar and spare tire well..
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top