Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 350Z with a 6-speed tranny. I want to change my tires and wheels to 18 inch rims and have low profiles Z-rated tires. Will I have to get my car recalibrated for correct speed and correct the camber to my Z rides right? Thanks :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow. Is that your car? If so, that's cool. :thumbsup:

As for adjusting, I haven't read anything about doing that. Only thing I've seen online is when you lower your springs by more than .75 inches you should look into a kit to help in that department.

No where have I heard of adjusting the camber when upgrading the wheels. Even the online tires/wheels retailers make no recommendation unless they write a disclaimer about going too extreme.

I guess if you want to be picky and perfect, then you could 'waste' the money for a camber kit or adjustable coilovers, but since you're going from 17's to 18's, I don't think that will be a problem. Heck, most people go to 19's w/o a problem. All they worry about is the offset and fitting larger brake calipers inside them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if ur going to lower ur car & upgrade the wheels, i would recommend u buy a camber kit, cuz the front alignment is non adjustable...in the long run ur expensive rubber will be ruined.........i have a 19in wheel , lowered 1.25 in. 350z...i cant get alignment unitl i put a camber kit on---its way off on the front wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The front alignment is adjustable on the Z. If you drop the car you may exceed the adjustment range.

Wheel and tire change requires no alignment.

You will have to buy the correct tire width and aspect ratio to maintain the dimater within specs.

Other than that just switching wheels and tires is as simple as switching wheels and tires.

JET

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 4 2004, 08:49 PM
Wow.  Is that your car?  If so, that's cool. :thumbsup:

As for adjusting, I haven't read anything about doing that. Only thing I've seen online is when you lower your springs by more than .75 inches you should look into a kit to help in that department.

No where have I heard of adjusting the camber when upgrading the wheels.  Even the online tires/wheels retailers make no recommendation unless they write a disclaimer about going too extreme.

I guess if you want to be picky and perfect, then you could 'waste' the money for a camber kit or adjustable coilovers, but since you're going from 17's to 18's, I don't think that will be a problem.  Heck, most people go to 19's w/o a problem.  All they worry about is the offset and fitting larger brake calipers inside them.

No,no! Not my car but I wish. HA! Just a cool picture I wanted to share with you all which I got off www.350evo.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts