Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my stock calipers after I painted them with a 15 dollar high quality caliper paint kit. It's on page 6 of this link: Juanjo_Z

Please rate up the car while you're at it. Also, if you would like to know the paint used for it, please reply and I'll post it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey I just checked out your Z on Cardomain. First off, nice layout, but I wanted to let you know that your injen intake really only makes around 5 rwhp dyno proven. I was also looking at your stock calipers, I can tell you painted them red, but there is no clear picture of them to really see how they came out. Maybe you could post some better close ups for everyone with better lighting. Good luck with your Z.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truth:

That's about 13 HP gain at 5670 rpms and a difference of 8.3 HP between MAX power limits.

Feel free to search it at www.injen.com

Thanks,

Juanjo_Z

P.S. Pics of close up of calipers will be posted shortly.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Okay, just keep in mind that every dyno ever released by a manufacturer shows better results for the product that the results for a consumer with the same product installed.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
True dat DiRN....it's called marketing!
And testing in "ideal" conditions. I figure w/ my intake, exhaust and grounding kit (heehee DiRN) I picked up a few extra maybe 10hp (of course the 350z tech sticker gives me at least 10hp more in coolness!). I aint concerned tho, just like the way it all looks and sounds, I will worry about hp gains if we ever go S/C or when Doug buys my next Z that we will strip down and make into racing Z...LOL

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Nicely done, I almost did this last night but I couldn't find the color I wanted. It looks like I'll just have to order some G2

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yeah I know, Llare was telling me that he did both sides and suggested that I just do the sides that are shown but I'm to anal about that and I would know the backside isn't painted.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I thought with the G2 Kit, the main advantage is that you DIDN'T have to remove the whole caliper? You have to with most kits because they're spray on and you wouldn't want overspray all over your car. The G2 kit is brush on so you don't have to worry about it. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The G2 kit allows you to leave the caliper on and mask and paint.

I have a red G2 kit NIB for sale if anyone wants it.

Jim

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Oct 1 2004, 03:54 PM
I thought with the G2 Kit, the main advantage is that you DIDN'T have to remove the whole caliper?  You have to with most kits because they're spray on and you wouldn't want overspray all over your car.  The G2 kit is brush on so you don't have to worry about it.  Am I wrong?

Correct Chuck but we were talking about him being so *anal* that he would have to take them off and do both sides since he would KNOW that the insides were not painted! You know the analness most of us posess about our Z carz!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts