Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was goofing off at Wally World earlier .. and what do I see ... but Caliper Paint by Dupli-Color.

The blurb on the website says:

Customizing your brake calipers just got a whole lot easier. Now you can just brush on color with NEW High Performance Caliper Paint Kit. The complete kit includes everything you need to add color and style to your brake calipers: Caliper Cleaner, Caliper Paint, stir stick, paint brush, masking tape and complete instruction book. The kit includes enough to customize four calipers and is heat resistant to 500&Mac251; F intermittent. Caliper Paint features Ceramic Resins for maximum heat dissipation. It won’t blister, flake, crack or peel. Four hot colors available to match your ride; Red, Yellow, Silver and Racing Black Satin.

For $14.58 looked like a good deal to me. I got the Red and if it EVER stops raining here in Baton Rouge will paint my calipers. Will post pics if and when.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Thanks for the info eTraxx. I am actually in New Orleans so not too far from you. Be sure to post pics when you are done. Looks like a hlafway decent day here to maybe try doing it.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I've been looking at a kit to paint mine on my SB red also. My problem is that I don't want them fading and have to repaint after 6 months or a year. I want them to be glossy too. Any suggestions? Let us know how the wally world paint works.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The pictures I've seen of the G2 paint jobs looks very glossy. I haven't seen any complaints about them fading or burning. According to the G2 info, it will handle temps up to 950ºF; supposed to be fade resistant paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah. The "caliper" paint is matte, the high heat is more of a gloss finish. At least that's how it's advertised. Mine came out glossy with the high heat paint. I'ts been on there a year and doesn't show any signs of coming off. The higher the heat the better for this stuff, it cures it into more of a ceramic.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm confused, is this high heat paint made by G2? Everything I've seen of the G2 stuff looks plenty glossy, and it's plenty heat resistant too. It's also a brush on, so you don't really have to take apart the whole system to do it. I want to get some really nice blue caliper paint, but with my stock wheels I don't think it will show through all that well.

Chris - the nismo's look great! Red calipers would look awesome on that beast.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i am thinking about experimenting with the Dupicolor metalcast in red. if i get around to it and do this i will post my results. they say it is high heat and if done right will look pretty good IMO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:bump: Any updates from you guys doing this at home?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just used the G2 paint system last weekend and I love it. This the second set of calipers that I have done with this paint (first was my F150). The paint holds up very well and is so much easier to use since you brush it on. No need to mask off the car etc or worry about overspray..

·
Registered
54 Posts
i used the Red Duplicolor kit and it worked great... very glossey for about 6 months. i just got tired of the red callipers and recently painted them black but the kit is very good... only advice is buy a brush in the arts n crafts section cause the brush they give you is lame. you should have enought paint in the can they give you to do all 4 of your callipers with 2-3 coats and then probably another car (they give you a lot).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks to Mike aka 2003z for my 'new' blue calipers! :yourock: :party:

I can't wait to put them on and get better pics for you guys! Unfortunately, it's kinda dark out, and my flash makes the color look light blue instead of Daytona Blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
[/quote]
jinxxy, I hear you might be interested in having yours done. I have an awesome brickyard, but its $15 extra due to the 2nd stage topcoat that it requires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts