Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new here. i just got a 350 after tradin in my mustang. i know a bit more about those cars. but since now i have a 350 i want to know something.

does installing a CAI void your warranty? and will it really give you that much power. i hear its great power adder on 350 even without exhaust (i love the sound of the stock exhaust, im sick of SUper loudness) but sucks on a stang as like the only add on.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Actually a CAI will add almsot no pwer. The Z's engine with just normal bolt ons is difficult to get an hufge power gains out of. It does though give the Z's engine a very cool sound. At best a CAI may give you 4-5hp. Wouldnt worry about warranty though as all you have to do is remove it if it comes down to it. In order for it to affect warranty it has to be proven to be the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh alrite thanks alot

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

10hp is a very very high #. More closer to 4-5 if any

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
The stock intake box is essecntially a cold air intake.. it is well designed. You will gain a little but not much by going aftermarket, but will notice a sound increase

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah but that is off of Injens website. You cant trust anything that a company puts on their website about their own product.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[/quote]

I’m sure all the sponsors, manufactures and enthusiast appreciate your pessimism.

How do you know that you can’t trust anything that a company puts on their website about their own product? Have you actually gone through and done non-bias research to cross reference all manufacturers claims posted on websites in order to verify your claimed lack of validity?

Do you have any first hand experience with these?

Have you ever put one if these through any dyno or other means of testing?

If you have not, why don’t you spare people who are seeking accurate and useful information your $0.02.

If you do have information that is founded on experience which is greater than mere B.S. would you be so kind as to share?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Intakes are going to vary from car to car, based on the environment and such.. I have seen bone stock Z's dyno back to back and have a 15hp variance in their horsepower readings... Intakes may help one z, and may do nothing on the next..

They do sound sweet though :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya... do the intakes themselves hurt gas mileage

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]

I’m sure all the sponsors, manufactures and enthusiast appreciate your pessimism.

How do you know that you can’t trust anything that a company puts on their website about their own product? Have you actually gone through and done non-bias research to cross reference all manufacturers claims posted on websites in order to verify your claimed lack of validity?

If you have not, why don’t you spare people who are seeking accurate and useful information your $0.02.

If you do have information that is founded on experience which is greater than mere B.S. would you be so kind as to share?
<div align="right">[snapback]67737[/snapback]
[/quote]

one word for what the manufactures say about their own product. marketing. and FYI, there have been independant test (unlike the ones manufacturers do) have put these mods to the dyno, and have proved them to be lacking for better of a word. Other sites have done the same thing with different people, different set ups, conditions and whatever else youcan think of. manufacturer numbers never equal out to what the product actually puts out.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

one word for what the manufactures say about their own product. marketing. and FYI, there have been independant test (unlike the ones manufacturers do) have put these mods to the dyno, and have proved them to be lacking for better of a word. Other sites have done the same thing with different people, different set ups, conditions and whatever else youcan think of. manufacturer numbers never equal out to what the product actually puts out.
<div align="right">[snapback]68095[/snapback]
[/quote]

What Steve said. These tests done are independently done by the manufacturers and of coarse will be skewed a little in the favor of their product. What I said was not B.S. Many companies have claimed 10-15hp gains with an exhaust, intake, ect and many independent owners have done many dynos and the fact is with the Z the claims are normally on the high side. An intake will not just free up 10-12 hp with the Z unless it is paired up with other mods. I mean people have done full exhaust changes, plenum, intake, etc and only have gotten 20 or so hp. Claims of 10-12 with just a simple intake is way high. HP just does not come that easily with the VQ35

·
Registered
15 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]68095[/snapback]
[/quote]

What Steve said. These tests done are independently done by the manufacturers and of coarse will be skewed a little in the favor of their product. What I said was not B.S. Many companies have claimed 10-15hp gains with an exhaust, intake, ect and many independent owners have done many dynos and the fact is with the Z the claims are normally on the high side. An intake will not just free up 10-12 hp with the Z unless it is paired up with other mods. I mean people have done full exhaust changes, plenum, intake, etc and only have gotten 20 or so hp. Claims of 10-12 with just a simple intake is way high. HP just does not come that easily with the VQ35
<div align="right">[snapback]68208[/snapback]
[/quote]

Neither of you have proved your statements correct.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Goodness gracious man, what more do you need. Do a search for dynos on intakes. You won't find a single one that's over 7 horsepower. Both of these guys have a ton of posts on this Z site and know a TON about this car and all the mods on the market for them. Just take our word for it, the intake will not free up 12 horsepower.

I knew the other site had an extrordinary overabundance of threads on this topic. Need more links? All I did was hit search.

link
link
link
link

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]

and you have not either. this thread is going nowhere and all it is doing is becoming a pissing contest :closed:

thanks studybuddy for those links, those were just what i was talking about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.