Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Item: C5 Carbon Fiber Wheels Holographic
Item #: 880-0042
Price: $6,552.00

Description:
Carbon Fiber Wheels are now available for your C5 and C6 Corvette.

Carbon Fiber outer rim combined with a magnesium center hub section results in a wheel that’s twice as strong as the OEM wheel, but weighs only eight pounds versus the 19lbs for the front and 21lbs for the rear wheels. These DOT approved wheels are available in a wide selection of color combinations that include 300 DuPont colors for the hub and 3000 carbon fiber shades. Adding these custom wheels to your C5 or C6 Corvette will distinguish you from the crowd as well as lower the weight of your vehicle that results in improved performance.

Custom applications and sizes are available upon request such as: BMW, Porsche, Viper, and Miata, just to name a few. ATI PE will custom build a wheel according to customers’ specifications. Custom colors generally ship in 5 business days directly from the factory in Missouri. Custom sizes require 6 to 8 weeks to design and build.

C5 set contains four wheels, two fronts 17x9.5 and two rear 18x10.5 in your choice of custom colors. Total shipping weight is 40lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
HOLY CRAP! 8 pounds. Ooohhh, I want, but not for that price.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I dont know how they can say they are stronger.. In tension YES, in bending/compression **** NO..

Do hear carbon fiber cracking? I think so..

I have a bent volk. no doubt it would be cracked if it was made from carbon fiber..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if they could be stronger if they are produced so that the carbon fiber is already in tension. I would assume that the fibers in the matrix could be pre-stressed. The magnesium spokes would be in compression BEFORE the wheel is put on the car so that the lip is always in tension. The rim would have to be designed to hold no more that the weight of a C5 though. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Think about mounting and dismounting a tire. After you do it a few times the rim will be ready to crack.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

how about i take you out back, kick you in the crotch, take half your money, and you can call it a day. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts