Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying 1/0 gauge wire by the foot to save on costs of needless supplies and I was wondering how much wire everyone used for their car/installation.

I just need to know the power wire ran from the battery to the back of the car.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

·
4,328 Posts
It's been years, so I don't have an exact number for you. But what you can do is run a piece of sting or rope along the same path you plan to route your cable. Using some tape along the way to hold it in place. When you get the routing worked out, simply measure the string. Then add a foot or so, just to be safe.

-Ronin Z

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's a good idea, but what about when I send the wire through the firewall? How will I account for that? Just wrap it along the outside?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not that I don't appreciate Ronin's answer, and there's a good chance I'll do that... but anyone else have a number?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I don't know if anyone is going to have an exact answer for you. It sounds like you are looking for a pretty specific measurement so, for starters, I'd be more specific about where you plan to run the power wire to.

If you are really concerned about saving cash, I'd use the string method and take the time to run the string through the grommet on the firewall. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. Taking out the battery will probably be the most difficult part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts