Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, im new to the forum, would like to say, yall are a very layed back crowd. I appreciate that. Very professional. Now to business, I am currently shopping for a Z, actually trading in my 2004 Acura TSX, looking for a white 6speed. Most likely going to get a good deal on a used one with about 5k miles on it. Anyways, the Z has a lip wing on it from the factory. I personally would like to get the Nismo wing. My question to you guys is if I decide to take the factory lip wing off will I have to repaint that surface, or fill holes? I want the nismo wing instead. Thanks in advance guys.

BTW, pics of my current car:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:welcome: to the site! You will enjoy it here very much.

The Nismo spoiler uses the two factory spoiler holes and it also requires two more holes. You will not have to repaint the surface either.

Let us know if you have any more questions. Your TSX looks awesome BTW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm in the orlando area, and i noticed that a man named Rob does good work on the Z, so I'll take it to him when i get the parts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The OEM spoiler uses 4 holes. I've read that the NISMO one requires slightly different holes, or may not cover two of them completely, but that could be because most of them seem to be replicas.

Why you ditching the TSX?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i believe that you wont have to cover the holes, but PM chazzg as he has it installed. he is a moderator on our board and would be able to tell ya :biggrin: o and :welcome:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey tsex. I remember you from the anotehr site. I just had my Nismo Kit including the wing installed a week ago. The spoiler covered any old holes however, the dealer had a really hard time removing the old factory spoiler since they had glued it really good at the factory. They ended up chipping the paint after they removed it. The dealer covered the repairs but still you dont want to be without the Z for a couple of days especially if you just got it. They use a heat gun to melt the glue off but if the weather is cold then its good as nothing like it was here in LA when they did it. I think your in Orlando and there you shouldnt have a problem I think with weather. If I were you just get a new Z without the factory one. Just in case you know. But thats just me. Good luck with whatever you decide. Checkout permormance nissan in Duarte CA. They sell wings and any parts cheap and the service is great. Even when it comes to shipping. www.mynismo.com.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by Beer Goggles@Jan 7 2005, 07:01 PM
The OEM spoiler uses 4 holes. I've read that the NISMO one requires slightly different holes, or may not cover two of them completely, but that could be because most of them seem to be replicas.

Why you ditching the TSX?

the US NISMO spoiler has had some problems with the two center holes not fully covered when the spoiler is put on. Replica NISMO going with the japan style is hit and miss, depends on quality. Best bet is if you have no spoiler to begin with, no worries with getting the US version. :welcome: to the forums

1 - 9 of 9 Posts